PDA

View Full Version : Best Jogging Stroller????

ilovelily
06-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Hello everyone! I need some advice on finding a good jogging stroller for my husband. I do not run and I love my P3, thank you very much!

He is tall, 6'1 and likes to run about 20 miles a week. He is looking for the best jogging stroller out there! We have some pretty decent terrain here but it can get a bit bumpy. We want something our DD will be comfy in as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ilovelily
06-21-2005, 05:31 AM
bump

betsydenny
06-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Go to www.joggingstroller.com
They have great descriptions of all different kinds of joggers. Top of line are BOB, Baby Jogger, Chariot, Dreamer Design (those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head)
We have a Dreamer and LOVE it. I have a friend who adores her BOB.
Good luck
Betsy

jkpalotay
06-21-2005, 01:10 PM
From what I've read on the boards in the past, the Dreamer Design comes highly reccomended, and it's on sale again at Costco for $179 (reg. $300).

Kelli
Mommy to Luke (April 2003)
Hoping for another this year sometime!

ilovelily
06-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Is that online at Costco or the store?

jkpalotay
06-21-2005, 06:29 PM
That was in the store, Salem, OR. I've noticed them there before, too. Our store actually had several in stock still. If there was any possible way to convince DH that we *need* a new jogger, I'd be all over it! LOL

Kelli

jkpalotay
06-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Double Post

Kristi
06-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi Michelle,

I'm a serious runner (I'm a marathon coach) and after doing a lot of research and talking to some running and triathlete friends, I decided on the BOB Ironman. They have a new one, the Kona, which is blue and has a hibiscus flower on it, but your husband may prefer the more manly Ironman yellow, lol. It seems to have the straightest alignment, the best shocks, a good brake and bigger tires. It even has a strap so you can run alongside for a minute to check on the baby (and the stroller can't get away from you). I haven't used it much because dd just turned 6 mos and my pediatrician reccomends waiting a little longer to start jogging with her. The only thing thing that could be improved upon is the canopy, but in our CA sun the thing would have to be huge!

HTH,
Kristi

P.S. Not sure where you live, but they have the BOB's at REI if you live near one.