PDA

View Full Version : Please help me decide- used 2004 Mac TT or New Mac Twin Rally

cdlamis
06-21-2005, 04:41 PM
For about the same price, I can buy either a gently used Mac Twin Traveller (used only about 6 months, from the Stroller Swap) or a new 2004 Mac Rally. I will be using this stroller as my main stroller for a 3 yr old and a 6 month old. Which should I get? I am still confused about the differences between these 2 anyway.

Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

kellyotn
06-21-2005, 06:14 PM
The main differences I remember is that the TT has leg extenders and may be a smidge larger and maybe plusher seats (not sure about the plush seats, but I think that's the case).... They both recline, right??

Also, and this WAS very important to me, I think the TT has larger wheels. I intended to use it for walks on sidewalks, they are nice sidewalks, but as there are still bumps - the bigger the better.

The leg extenders are basically just little bars you pull out of the seat frame and it pulls the cloth straight out to give their legs a place to rest. Kinda nice for a little baby, but not a huge deal. I do use them frequently when my youngest falls asleep or when he's carrying a toy or book (helps him keep it in his lap).

HTH,
kelly

catfeet
06-22-2005, 03:06 PM
I have the Rally Twin, & like it a lot. The main feature that was decision worthy for me was the weight. The TT weights a lot more than the RT does. The model I have, the '03, weighs 21lbs. I wanted a super light weight stroller to throw in & keep in the car. This works like a charm. If you want a stroller for heavier use, you may want the TT instead.

HTH,
Ann