PDA

View Full Version : What to put in a Valco bassinet (or other pram)?

littlewilson
06-21-2005, 09:27 PM
I just got the bassinet attachment for my 05 Valco Runabout - so excited to use this with my little guy due in a couple of weeks! The stroller and the bassinet seem so great, but I'm not sure what kind of padding, cushion, or anything else I should put in the bassinet to make it more comfy and cozy for a newborn. I'm not looking for anything warm since my main use of the bassinet will be over the summer, but it does seem a bit roomy for a newborn and I want to make sure he's not bumping his head into any hard parts/bars.

What has anyone else done? Whether for a Valco or any other pram/bassinet-type stroller?

TIA!

sillcy
06-22-2005, 07:56 PM
I LOVED the bassinet attachment for the Valco and will admit it became my daughter's main sleeping spot for her first 6 weeks. I hated taking that attachment off once we started daycare and had to fold the stroller up!

Anyway, Ava's an October baby, so we used it when it was a little colder. However we'd just put some tightly rolled swaddling blankets around her (low, not around her face) similarly to how the hospital nurses had her positioned in her isolette. It worked out great!

It's not a fancy fix, but maybe it'll prove useful for you...

Congratulations, and enjoy the little guy!
Carrie

rupptopia
06-23-2005, 01:52 AM
I found that the Valco has such a good suspension that I didn't really need to put in more cushioning, DS didn't bounce around much. He was a Fall baby though so he usually had a bunting on which gave a bit of extra protection. I did buy couple of custom sheets to fit the Valco bassinet & those worked out great.

By the way, when your little guy gets older & starts using the regular seat the Valco footmuff is great. So cozy & warm! It works just like a bundle me in that you can zip off the top - great when going in & out of stores in the winter.

Here is a link to my previous post about the sheets if you are interested:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=7&topic_id=5311&mesg_id=5311&listing_type=search

Michelle
Mom to Alex born 9/28/04