PDA

View Full Version : MAC Global strollers

mlezta
06-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Has anyone had any trouble with the 2004 Maclaren Global Stroller? I have used mine for only 4 months and it is now on its second trip back to Maclaren to be fixed. I am wondering if mine is a dud or if a lot of globals have had problems.

jkpalotay
06-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Nope, it's not just you! We had problems with our 2004 Mac Global from day 1. The mesh pocket on the canopy ripped, after almost no use, the canopy wouldn't stay on the stroller, the fabric that wraps around the bumper bar to form the bassinet continually falls out and drags on the ground, etc. That stroller was a menace from the beginning. I did *a lot* of research before buying it, and I was so disappointed. I finally sold it at a consignment store here in town, and actually got a pretty good price on it. (All I could think was "you have no idea what your're getting into!") I was also in contact with Mac CS repeatedly, and while they sent me replacement parts, they just never worked well. The store I bought from wouldn't take it back, because it was under warrenty still, and Mac wouldn't take it back, as they don't do exchanges.

I took the money from the sale of the Mac, and bought a P3 from a different baby store. (after much, much research...) The funny thing was, while I was admiring the other great strollers in the store, (that I usually am only able to see online), I happened to mention my previous problems with my Mac. The clerk asked which model I had, and when I said the Global, she said:

"Oh, we don't even sell Global's here! People have nothing but problems with them. The rest of the Maclaren's are wonderful, but that Global just seems to be plagued with problems."

She went on to mention something about how it just didn't work with the bumper bar/car seat bar, and the best Mac to go with is definately the Techno. Hmmmmm... Too bad I hadn't talked with her a year ago! By the way, we are completly thrilled with the P3. Absoluetly no problems, and my two year old LOVES riding in it. Such a change from the Global. Hope this helps!

Kelli
Mommy to Luke (April 2003)
Hoping for another this year sometime!

mlezta
06-22-2005, 09:15 AM
One of the other salesmen at my retailer told me the same thing when I took it back there to get fixed again! Why didn't they tell me that 4 months ago!

jkpalotay
06-22-2005, 10:46 AM
I know! I was so frustrated. I had told my DH that now that we had this great Mac stroller that would last for *years*, we wouldn't have to be buying another one anytime soon. He didn't think these problems were worth returning the stroller, but they were slowly driving me crazy. He said, "just suck it up and be happy you have a stroller." My thought is, if I paid $300 for a stroller, it had darn well better work right! :)

Kelli
Mommy to Luke (April 2003)
Hoping for another this year sometime!