PDA

View Full Version : Most upright seat in a swivel wheel, 3 wheeler

jp96
06-22-2005, 07:55 AM
Hello,

My son is only happy in a stroller that sits very upright. I'm wondering of the following, which has the most upright seat: The Valco Runabout, the E3, the MBUS, or the Bob Revolution?

Any other suggestions that I should consider?

TIA,
JP

MMEand1
06-22-2005, 09:55 AM
I can only speak for the Runabout as that is the only one I have ever played with (and I own one; we LOVE it!). I know that this stroller seat sits almost straight up. My 2.5 yo sits in this seat from time to time and he sits up pretty straight and tall.

Hopefully some of the ladies over here with more stroller experience will be able to help you out.
Good luck!
Mariah P.

JodiM
06-22-2005, 10:38 AM
The Valco Runabout is the most upright of those. It has a 'buckle' that you can clip to make it sit bolt upright.
Then it would be in order:
Revolution
MBUS
E3

jp96
06-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Thanks. How is the canopy on it compared to the MBUS? Is it difficult to fold?

JodiM
06-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Actually the canopy on the MBUS and the Valco are pretty similar. I think the Valco is a *tad* bit bigger coverage wise, and it is 1" taller than MBUS' extended canopy, but honestly they both suck.

The Revolution has the best canopy for sun coverage.

jp96
06-22-2005, 02:17 PM
If I am not a jogger, would you say the Revolution is still a good choice for bumpy and hilly city sidewalks (and walking offroad), or are the MBUS and Valco still better in terms of how they push? A salesperson told me there is no comparison between the Revolution and the Aussie/New Zealand models.

Thanks

JodiM
06-22-2005, 02:57 PM
I think the salesperson who told you that has never pushed a revolution.

The MBUS/Valco/Revolution all push really well, all 3 offer 1 hand steering.... and basically are the same steering/maneuverability wise.

The Revolution would be a good choice, and it even offers suspension.. it has a awesome canopy (far better coverage wise than the other 2).
It is also fairly narrow, and with the swivel from wheel.. it makes it a good choice for shopping also.

The only real 'complaint' I have about the Revolution is the lack of padding in the seat. It's not a issue, but it could be better, kwim?
I have a wool liner in mine (BOB makes one just for their strollers called a Warm Fuzzy, it comes in white or tiger, and it's perfect... if you don't see it at your retailers ask, I'm sure they can order it)

HTH~ Jodi

JodiM
06-22-2005, 02:57 PM

JodiM
06-22-2005, 02:58 PM

jp96
06-22-2005, 05:04 PM
I guess the MBUS is the same as far as lack of padding in the seat.

It's a difficult choice between the Bob with a bigger canopy, which I love, and the upright seat on the Valco, which my son would like.

Also, I'm pretty small, and I'm not sure if I will have trouble folding and lifting the Valco. I'm not great having to move alot of parts, etc.!

The Quinny freestyle on the Walmart site looks pretty tempting too!

JodiM
06-22-2005, 06:30 PM
They all have the pros/cons... if I only had 1 kid to cart around, and it wasn't a newborn... I would probably go with the Revolution.

I like the suspension (although, I really don't know why, because the other strollers you really don't notice it- I guess it's just a mental thing for me)
I also like the fact that if I ever decide to start jogging (LOL, ok, everyone stop laughing now!) then the BOB would work for that too. (The MBUS/Valco will work for it, but only for really light jogging)

The Revolution has a super easy fold, which I like... and both the Revolution and the Valco fold up fairly small.

The Revolution is also only 23" wide, whereas the Runabout is 27" wide (Trust me, it makes a difference in a store)
There is also a 4+lb difference in weight.

jp96
06-22-2005, 07:20 PM
The MBUS is closer to the Valco in width, right?

Thanks

jp96
06-22-2005, 07:22 PM
I forgot to ask what kind of padding you use in the summer for the Bob....I imagine the Warm Fuzzy is too hot.

quartzlynn
06-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Just jumping in on the threat.... We were planning on the Valco but now thinking about the revolution. How would it be in ice / snow (not jogging - just walking) is it a partial recline? 3 months? 6 months?) I like that its narrower and lighter than the Valco....

Thanks!

Courtney

JodiM
06-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Actually no, the MBUS is wider.
Revolution- 23" Wide / 22½lbs
MBUS- 26" Wide / 22lbs
Runabout- 27" Wide / 26lbs
Information taken directly from company's website's- all measurements are for the 2005 models.

The revolution should handle well on snow/ice... it has the locking 12" front swivel wheel, and it has 16" back wheels. I haven't had any experience using it on snow or ice yet, but I think it will handle the same, if not better than the MBUS or Valco on snow/ice (due to the 16" back wheels)

I would say about 3mths +, even though BOB says from 6wks.

The Wool insert is fine for summer because it allows air to circulate.... we use the Bowron Strollerfleece (which is actually wool) all year around.

strollerqueen
06-23-2005, 05:13 AM
Actually, I measured my MBUS at 24", and the Valco at 26".

JodiM
06-23-2005, 08:21 AM
Thanks for posting the correct measurements...
I took the info directly from their website's, so they must have measured incorrectly.

jp96
06-23-2005, 10:51 AM
I wonder if the frame of the Revolution will hold up as well as the MBUS in the winter in terms of rust, etc.

Have you ever seen the lambswool for the MBUS that shows up on Ebay occasionally, or the cocoon/footmuff for the MBUS? I wonder if either of these are worth getting.

jp96
06-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Forgot to ask if the Bugaboo cocoon will fit on the MBUS?

JodiM
06-23-2005, 05:41 PM
I am not familiar with the cocoon on the MBUS, however, I'm sure it's probably similar to the others (valco, etc) It's just a soft sided bassinet (small version) with handles that you can carry baby (similar to a moses basket)

The wool most people use is a Bowron / BabaSheep "Strollerfleece"

I'm sure the frame will hold up the same as they are both made out of aluminum.

The steel ones are the frame's people tend to steer clear of due to rust issues. (And it causes them to weigh more)

strollerqueen
06-24-2005, 01:14 AM
They always do! I forgot to measure my BOB though, but I think it's wider than 23". That's pretty narrow, the width of my Kiwi E3 actually.

jp96
06-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Jodi,

Do you think that the MBUS with their sun/bug canopy or the Sasha's sun canopy will provide as much sun protection as the Bob with its bigger canopy?

Thanks,
JP

JodiM
06-24-2005, 09:56 AM
Yes, they do... but some kids don't like those sun covers.
Our Valco has one, and dd freaks out when I put it on. I think it makes her feel too enclosed.

The MBUS or Sasha's sunshades/covers completely enclose the stroller with the 'mesh'... whereas the BOB Revolution has a large sun canopy- it does not enclose the full stroller. (However, you could put a Sasha's over the Revolution should you choose to do so.)

jp96
06-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Thanks for all of your advice...you have been so helpful!

JodiM
06-24-2005, 05:29 PM
You're welcome.

I wish I would have found this board (and swap) years ago when I was trying to find 'the right' stroller. :)