PDA

View Full Version : Help! Upright-seat stroller for park/mall/zoo under $100? $200? used ok

lynettefrancois
06-23-2005, 09:40 PM
DD is insisting on sitting straight up on longer excursions, so my Mini is not cutting it for window shopping at the mall (even though I adore that stroller). I even loosened the shoulder straps so she could lean forward, but the slope of the seat bottom makes it impossible for her. I need a removable snack bar or napper bar, and reasonably good handling. Something that won't tip with my bag on the back if I forget and take her out before removing my bag (or an accessable basket that eliminates this problem- pipe dream?). I know a P3 will do everything I want (and I would LOVE to have one), but I was hoping there is something out there that is ok for me and more comfy for DD, but cheaper than a P3... Is there anything better than a Graco Metrolite (I think I read somewhere this was very upright), but cheaper than a P3? Any good used bargains that would fit the bill- maybe something not so in demand, but still nice? Any help appreciated!!!! Thanks!

Momof3Labs
06-24-2005, 09:08 AM
How about an older Pliko? I sold a nearly new 2001 model on swap last year for under $100 shipped.

JodiM
06-24-2005, 09:19 AM
I would look into a Inglesina Zippy or a Peg Perego P3.

You can get both used for under $200.00

You might also want to call the different retailers and see if they have any closeouts or open box returns.. we sell those for less than "new" prices.

cgdmom
06-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Hmmm...the PP is suggesting an older Pliko. I have what is probably a 2001 Pliko (it is blue/red/yellow...I think they called it a "pliko-matic"?) that I might be able to part with, now that I just bought a new Quest. It was our primary stroller once our first daughter was out of the carrier, so it is used, but I just spent time cleaning it up for my second daughter, and it is in really good condition. I have not figured out StrollerSWAP (despite lots of trying), and I know we are not supposed to post sales here. But if you are interested, post here and I'll respond with a way to reach me offline.