PDA

View Full Version : Don't ever order from ABabyOutlets!!!

KrystalS
06-24-2005, 02:37 PM
I ordered a Bumbleride Rocket from ABabyOutlets, an online store. I placed the order on June 2nd, it is now June 24th and I have never gotten my stroller! They charged my credit card on the 2nd and posted on their website that the stroller had been shipped. I have called and emailed them repeatedly and I always get the run around. They always tell me that the stroller has been shipped, which I know it hasn't. I don't know what to do because they already charged my card. I have told them many times that I want to cancel the order and they always say they can't cancel it because the stroller has been shipped, I will just have to refuse it when I receive it. Has this ever happened to anyone else? What do I do? I want to cancel the order because now I have found the stroller for cheaper at another store, but babyoutlet already has my money, how do I know they will refund my credit card? If anyone has any advice please post!

Krystal

knaidel
06-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Ugh, how annoying. Okay.
I would first call them up. SPeak very calmly and ask to speak to a supervisor/manager. Be firm. Don't let a clerk give you a runaround. See what they have to say. If you get the same deal, then call your credit card company- tell them what's happening- they should be able to help you out. Then, call the Better Business Bureau in the city/state where this place is located and file a complaint.
Just a note: Speaking in a polite tone goes a long way. You don't have to speak to them as if you're inviting them to a dinner party at your house, but don't holler, either.
Hope that helps and good luck.
Oh, and when you're done and finally enjoying your stroller, post a review- i want one, too!

elliput
06-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Ask them to provide you with tracking information. If they tell you it was a direct ship from BumbleRide ask them for their order information so you can contact BumbleRide directly for the tracking information. Be persistant. It maybe that this is a UPS or FedEx issue.

kellyotn
06-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah, it might be coming direct. I have that issue once w/ another retailer. They finally told me that it was coming directly from Mac, and that they just kept telling me "Its been shipped" because Mac usually ships fast! (Uhhh, thanks.)

Anyways, I asked them nicely to please have Mac provide a tracking number because I HAD to be home to accept delivery, and I'd already spent several days waiting around the house thinking "Today is the day."

Get someone on the phone and don't get off until they give you a tracking number.

kelly

DebbieJ
06-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Krystal,

I will never order from The Baby Outlet again (This is the store you're referring to, right?). I had similar problems with an order I placed; thank goodness it wasn't for much (just a gate and a stroller accessory). It never arrived after my card was charged, so after numerous emails and phone calls that went nowhere, I filed a claim with my cc# and got my money back.

I them came and posted here about it and many others shared similar stories.

If you can get through to them (I never could), DEMAND your money back. Give em a week or two and then file with your cc company.

Folks, this is the site to avoid: http://www.thebabyoutlet.com/

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

DisneyLovnMom
06-24-2005, 05:50 PM
>Krystal,
>
>I will never order from The Baby Outlet again (This is the
>store you're referring to, right?).

There is a store called ababyoutlets.com and after looking at it, it's pretty sketchy. The free limited time bonus with the espresso is a boot and rain cover - yeah, ok!

elliput
06-24-2005, 08:10 PM
A couple of us have already bought Rockets - you can check out our thoughts here
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=14&topic_id=52459&mesg_id=52508&page=

and here
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=14&topic_id=55443&mesg_id=55472&page=

There are also more IRL pictures here
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=14&topic_id=53641&mesg_id=53685&page=

and here
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=14&topic_id=56740&mesg_id=56740&listing_type=search

I have decided I really love my Rocket!

KrystalS
06-24-2005, 11:50 PM
Thanks everyone for posting. I called them today and of course they said they would call me back after they talked to the shipping company, which I don't really understand if they mean like fedex or ups, or if the stroller is actually being shipped from Bumbleride. I'm going to call them Monday and tell them if they don't give me a refund then I'm going to call the credit card company. At this point even if I do receive the stroller I'm still going to send it back because I don't want to purchase something from a company that treats their customers this way. I have tried being nice but I've called so many times and they are always soooo rude. I'm just going to go ahead and order the stroller from another company. Thanks again for everyone's advice!

Krystal

knaidel
07-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Krystal,
What happened in the end? Also, please post a review of your Rocket once you've been using it for a while! (I want one!)

KrystalS
07-04-2005, 04:40 PM
In the end, after a lot of arguing, I got my money refunded. They are a horrible online store, and they have horrible customer service. They just kept trying to tell me over and over that the stroller had been shipped, but in the end they finally told me that the stroller was never shipped and they just didn't want me to cancel the order. I ordered the stroller from BabiesRUs, it should be here tomorrow, I'll post a review when I get it!

Krystal

Severine
07-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Glad to hear you got your money back! I'm impressed that you were able to get through stroller through Babies R Us! Ours doesn't carry it and its not available on their website, either. Hope you enjoy it!