PDA

View Full Version : Graco Snugrider Infant Carseat Frame vs Snap N Go

angelcakes
06-26-2005, 09:24 PM
We were just at Babies R Us yesterday to start our registry and were all set to register for the BabyTrend Snap N Go to go along with the Graco Snugrider. Then we saw the store also carried the Graco Snugrider Infant Carseat Frame which I haven't heard or read about. It is just like the Snap N Go but made by Graco for the Snugrider infant carseat. We tested it out in the store and seemed the carseat definitely seemed to snap in the Graco frame much easier and compact than the Snap N Go. Has anyone heard of the Graco frame or used it? Any input would be great we are inclined to get the Graco frame now. Here's the link to see what it looks like:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007KMUH4/qid%3D1119838758/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-0597108-6938263

bostonsmama
06-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Hmm, I've never seen it IRL, nor was I aware that Graco finally came out with something to compete with the Kolcraft UCSC and BT SnG. It's almost $20 more expensive than the Kolcraft, without the cool cupholder/parent tray. Plus, there are practically no stats on it online, like its weight, folded dimensions, size of basket (although it looks nice and BIG :)).

I'd register for it anyways (since hopefully you won't have to buy it yourself), since it will fully snap onto a bar (unlike the BT or Kolcraft-which only has a strap if the bar doesn't line up w/ your seat). I'd just make sure it's as lightweight & rugged as the others. Other downside is that 1st generation models often have some yucky kinks that need to be worked out. Save your receipt and send in the warranty/registry card when you get it.

phish777
07-29-2005, 10:13 PM
We just saw this at BrU today and saw this, so we jumped online to see if there was a review yet. The BIG advantage over the Baby Trends was the ease of use. I couldn't figure out how to use the SnG. But the Graco was a different story. It was super easy. And it looks a LOT better than the Baby Trends. The Baby Trends looks like a bad shopping mall rental stroller frame. The Graco had a nice sturdy look to it. The Graco may only work with Graco infant car seats, but that's all we have anyways. I'll keep checking for further reviews from people who have purchased the Graco, but until then, I'm going to change my registry.

feierabend35
07-29-2005, 10:45 PM
We also are registering for the Graco frame. I spent time playing with it at BRU and it has the advantages of a cup/keyholde, a HUGE basket, easy fold, and pretty light (12 lbs). The handlebar is also adjustable to accomodate different heights.
As an aside- it is black and goes much better with our carseat than navy!
JENN