PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one with this problem with the P3?

hudsonam
06-27-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm a little disappointed in my P3. It's a 2003, I think. It's the one that Albee Baby was selling at a deep discount last year because it was either a discontinued or overstock fabric. I forget the name. Anyway, aside from the basket that's not so much small but impossible to access, my hood constantly pops off one side or the other. Any time I move it, one side will pop off. Does anyone else have this problem?

hobokenmom
06-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Well, I have a P3, but it's a 2005, and my hood definitely doesn't pop off.

Secondly, I find the basket to be very adequate in size. I have to pick up my two older kids every day, and find that I can fit lots of miscellaneous stuff in the basket. You just have to access it from the side of the stroller, and then there's plenty of room to jam stuff in there.

Good luck.

mamicka
06-27-2005, 12:29 PM
I have a 2003 P3 as well, mine's a sportivo if that makes a difference. My hood pops off a lot as well, not all the time & always the same side. But it definitely pops off more than it should. I still love this stroller, though. No disappointment here.

Kayla9
06-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Sorry to hear you have problem w/ your P3; it can be annoying! Mine is a P3 2003 also; we purchased it @ Baby USA store for t he color my husband likes (it's discontinue now). We are lucky not to have any problems so far; in fact, it is partially retired now; we use our Mac Quest for running around town/travel & the Kelty for all terrain. :>)

Have you called Perego?

K.

Smiles81
06-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Call peg perego, they will replace the hood. Is your stroller less than a year old? If so they should not give you a problem. I had a 2003 p3 also from albees with the same hood problem and they replaced the hood for free. The early 2003 p3's had this problem and some customer service representatives are aware of this. HTH
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

hudsonam
06-29-2005, 07:08 AM
Thank you for the tip! I will call them.

Bsuperbmom
06-29-2005, 09:49 AM
I have a 2003. My hood started popping off over the winter, I didn't call PP 'cause by then I had had the stroller for about 14 months and I din't want to deal with any warrenty issues. I ran the ends under hot tap water and rubber banded them sort of closed. Do not force! I left it in its rubber band splints for about a day then reattached. All better.

Lisa
http://superbmom.blogspot.com/