PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Zooper Tango! But have a few questions for BTDT owners...

my3fallkiddos
06-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Or for those of you in the know ;)

I decided to buy the 2004 Zooper Tango at Albee Baby! Really the Tango had everything I wanted; huge canopy, good seating size, large basket, no middle wheels, and one handlebar. I really wanted the Apple color but for $150.00 (with free shipping!) I couldn't pass that up! Albee baby only has Navy which was fine too. I figure it'll hide any dirt, lol.

So for those that own Zoopers (specifically 2004), reading through the archives I read a few times it accepts infant seats? Has anyone used an infant seat with it? I don't plan on using ours in the stroller but its nice to know in a pinch or if the baby is sleeping I can transfer him without waking him up.

And for those that bought the 2004 from Albee Baby, did it come with the boot and rain cover?

Thanks!

Carrie
EDD w/#3 9/20/05

ekbecker1
06-27-2005, 09:09 PM
I just received an email about this very topic from Zooper customer service today, actually. I asked them if the Tango accepts car seats and they said, "no." They said that to accept a car seat, it would have to be wider and then wouldn't fit through a standard door opening. I'm sure they were answering about the 2005 version specifically, but that probably applies to 2004 as well. Bummer!

calv
06-28-2005, 06:01 AM
CONGRATS on your new purchase. YES the 04 does take a car seat. I've spoken to zooper directly myself and it comes w/the belt to hold and tie the infant seat down. I've yet to use it w/the infant seat since I'm not due till OCT but I'm thrilled to at least have the option like you said.

It comes w/the boot, rain cover, cozy toes netting and the sun glare protection. TRUST me you wont be dissapointed. Can't wait to hear more of your thoughts once you receive it. :)

booboo1
06-28-2005, 06:35 AM
Ooooh --- so glad to hear about the infant seat!! I just ordered mine last week, and it hasn't arrived yet.

Tell me - with twins on the way, I need to know, does it accept two car seats???? DH will be so happy - he was so disappointed when he thought it didn't (based on a floor model of the 2005)

Thanks for your help.

my3fallkiddos
06-28-2005, 07:44 AM
Yay! So glad to hear it does accept carseats (2004 model) and that it comes with all the goodies! Does anyone know which carseats it can hold?

We had a Baby Trend infant seat but returned it for a few reasons. I ordered a Peg Perego Primo Viaggio (in Oasis :)) but it has to arrive. I'm sorta second guessing msyelf on the PPV infant seat and was wondering if maybe I should have gone with the standard Graco Snugride instead but oh well. I've already bought the PP spare base for DH's car and I called BabyCenter.com where I ordered the PP seat from and it's coming directly from Peg Perego so I'd hate to stop the order now.

Carrie
EDD w/#3 9/20/05

my3fallkiddos
06-28-2005, 07:46 AM
Booboo1- if it can hold an infant seat on one side and another child in the other seat, I can't see why it wouldn't hold 2 infant seats, you know? I haven't gotten mine yet so I don't know if the infant seat strap is for one or both seats.

Which seats do you have for your twins?

Carrie
EDD w/# 9/20/05

booboo1
06-28-2005, 08:45 AM
I have a Snugride and a Century - both are similar in width. Good to know it will hold both! DH was smiling this morning when he heard about that!

booboo1
07-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi all -

My Zooper arrived Thusday, and we got it put together today.

How easy is yours to unfold?

It took us quite a while to get it unfolded the first time. Now that I know how to do it, it still seems like I'm grabbing the handle hold awfully hard. Do yours open pretty easily, or do you find yourself giving the handle a death grip?

I'm pretty sure this isn't right, so I think I need to return this one for another.

Thanks for your input.

calv
07-02-2005, 04:58 PM
I had the exact same problem and NO it shouldn't be hard to open. The 1st one I had was almost impossible for my DH to open and he's prety strong compared to me. I just called zooper and they shipped me a whole new stroller.

GOOD LUCK & keep us posted.

booboo1
07-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Oh - thanks! Glad to hear it is no problem!! We'll call on Tuesday.

I almost wonder if I got your old stroller??!!

kcenya
07-03-2005, 05:10 PM
we had that happen and it's gotten easier to open with a little time. btw, it comes with straps for two infant seats.