PDA

View Full Version : Got a BOB Revolution today...REI Rave & Safari disappointment

newmomto1
06-27-2005, 04:50 PM
SO, after getting completley discouraged with the Safari,
I decided to splurge on the BOB.

I hadn't admitted this before b/c it's a little embarassing..
But I actually have gone through FOUR Safaris in the last few weeks.
I hate to bash the Safari, I really wished it would've worked for me. It had all the features I wanted, handles well, & best of all was affordable...but...

The first one I purchased (I think a leftover 2002 or 2003 Instep model from Sports Auth) had canopy issues, it was very loose & didn't seem like it would stay open.

The second one (2005 Instep) had issues with the child tray..it wouldn't snap all the way into place.

The third one (2005 Instep) started squeaking & the brake started to drag after about a week of use

The fourth one (2005 Schwinn)started with the brake dragging after about a week. I was getting ready to try to fix it (a suggestion here to carve it out a bit) when I noticed the handlebar was coming apart by the height adjustment.

So, after all this...the thought of trying a FIFTH one just wasn't appealing to me. However, I have now assembled & disassembled FOUR Safaris. I think I could do it with my eyes closed...so if anyone needs help...LMK :-)

I went to REI today to get a Revolution. To my suprise, they would not let me take it until they assembled it...I am like "What???? I don't get the PLEASURE of assembling yet another stroller?????"

They were SO nice! I was in a bit of a hurry b/c DS was fussy (naptime)..but the guys there made sure to show me the basics of how to fold, unfold, remove the tires, etc.

I haven't got to use it yet since DS went down for a nap as soon as we got home (augh...& now it looks like rain, so we might not even get to use it when he gets up :-(). It looks nice thought & I REALLY hope that this one is a keeper!!!

Sorry for the long post...
Thanks to all that gave me input on the BOB!

sarasmom
06-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah! I'm glad you got what you really wanted and I hope it works out for you. I love mine. I'm glad I didn't go with the Safari. It was one of the last few I was deciding between.
SARA'S MOM

kellyotn
06-27-2005, 05:25 PM
You're making me miss living near an REI! :-)

You're also making me wish BOB would make a Revolution Double. I have a SUS single and am loving that huge canopy here lately in the BLAZING sun. But, it only gets used on short walks with my oldest walking and my youngest riding. If they made a double, my DH would have to have it. :-)

Have fun with your new purchase!

kelly

Susann
06-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Congrats! You're going to love it. It has everything that the Safari has plus the good quality. If you liked the Safari, I know that the BOB is a keeper for you.
The only thing that I don't like about it, is that it doesn't work with any of the toddler boards on the market.

Susann

HannaAddict
06-28-2005, 01:00 AM
You gave the Schwinn the old college try. I bet you will love your BOB. I love it so far and have been walking all over to try it out. Tomorrow is the day I see if it will fit in my trunk or if I'll have to switch cars with my husband. I think it will fit. Did you get the console for it? I think I am going to get one, after 15 months of not having a drink holder on any stroller I've owned. I am now debating adding the Weather Shield. Let us know how you like your BOB once you get it out and rolling. I'm hoping they will come out with a BOB Revolution double sometime, it seems like a natural for them.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

newmomto1
06-28-2005, 01:57 PM
I ordered the console today...and a Bowron Stroller Fleece :-)

I used the BOB for it's *first* quickie walk last night & a looong walk today.
I really like it!
DS seems to like it too.
I seem to have the only kid around here who fidgets, screams & cries on our walks (which is a TOTAL bummer!!) BUT, I have to say, the fussiness was much less in the BOB than the Schwinn (hopefully it will stay that way!

I was really suprised at how small the stroller felt to me compared to the Safari. That made me a little nervous at first...I don't know why. I guess I was afraid it wouldn't be as smooth or solid of a ride.
But, after about a block I started to fall in love with it. It is rock solid & fun to push! I even went jogging a little & it was great!
We have some huge hills in our neighborhood & I couldn't believe how much easier it was to go up them with this stroller!
It's funny, I do believe the BOB weighs more than the Safari...but it sure seems lighter to me.

One question I have for you fellow BOB owners...do you use the wrist strap? And if you do...do you bring it up through the handle bar, or just go straight from the bottom of the stroller to you wrist?
I didn't see any instructions on exactly how it should be used

Anyway, I *think* I have finally found a keeper!
Yay!
:D

Susann
06-28-2005, 02:04 PM
No don't do the leash through the handle bar. If you do that and you fall, you'll pull the stroller with you. That's one of the big mistakes BabyJogger has that they attach the leash to the handle.
To be honest, I stopped using the leash. I have always used it with all my ATs and joggers but I removed this one when we flew to Hawaii and I never put it back. But I use the stroller mostly on flat areas. In a hilly area, I would use the leash.

Susann

newmomto1
06-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Oh, DUH!
I didn't even think of that (pulling the stroller down)...
I am glad I asked!
Thanks!