PDA

View Full Version : Safety first Transit Twin.

carolines mommy
06-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Anyone have one and/or know where I can buy one? I am interested in getting one for my travel stroller. Anyone who has one, do you like it? How small does it fold? I cannot do SBS with my girls as the older one is very aggressive toward her sister and I will not take my tandem Peg on an airplane and have them destroy it!

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

JodiM
06-28-2005, 11:19 AM
I have one I just got last week.. I like it, but it really can only be a shopping stroller IMO. It pushes ok, but one hand steering is not a option.

It has adjustable handles for height (Really cool ones too!), a cupholder in the front, nicely padded seats, easy recline mechanism, and folds like a umbrella stroller.

I am actually going to be listing mine FS in the next few days, because we just don't shop enough to justify it, and since they have been discontinued, I would rather get it to someone who will appreciate it and get some use out of it.

carolines mommy
06-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Would it work for the occassional trip to Chicago where all I would use it for is shopping with my sister? The main thing I am looking for is a small fold so it will fit into the trunk of my sister's Camry with her stroller too. Can you post a pic of the stroller folded up? I really think I would be interested in buying this from you!

Erika

JodiM
06-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Sure, it will probably be later tomorrow though... tonight is "Mommy's night", I am going home, nursing the baby, changing clothes, and RUNNNNNNNING out the door before dh changes his mind about babysitting the 5 kids. LOL

JodiM
06-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Here you go, sorry it took so long.

Sorry they are so big, I couldn't resize for some reason.

DD (2.8yo) and DS (10mo)
http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL206/1305364/7572080/102775036.jpg

Transit Tandem Folded
http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL206/1305364/4788843/102774980.jpg

If you have any other questions, or want to see any other pictures- you can email me: [email protected]

aggie202
07-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Hi Jodi,

I saw that this stroller is now back up for sale on the Albee Baby site and am thinking of purchasing it. Can you tell me more about the backseat recline? I saw your review on SWAP and know that it stays slightly reclined at all times but can you tell me how far back it goes? The manufacturer says it's OK for 6 months and up--I'm really looking to use it much sooner.

The front seat doesn't recline, does it?

Thanks from another Jodi

PS--I've been waiting on some info on the Compass tandem that is made in this style and finally broke down and called the company yesterday. It's still in production and not due out until Sept.

carolines mommy
07-16-2005, 01:38 PM
The front seat doesn't recline and I would say I am comfortable putting my 3 month old daughter in the rear seat. It seems to recline quite a bit although not completely flat. If she is having any head control issues, I will use one of those baby head support things off another stoller I had. I'll try to post pics of her in it later...I just got the stroller this morning. I must say the handles are really cool!

Erika

emmasmama
07-17-2005, 08:24 AM
How easy or difficult is it to fold this stroller?

aggie202
07-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the info!

carolines mommy
07-17-2005, 07:21 PM
EXTREMELY easy to fold. Much like my P3 folds actually. Pull up on the tabs (for lack of a better word) near the handles, tap the cross bar up in the back with the top of my foot and fold it forward. Very, very easy.

Erika

emmasmama
07-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks!