PDA

View Full Version : I never thought I'd be asking this, but.......

josephsmom
06-28-2005, 07:48 AM
Can someone recommend a good, cheap stroller for a child who's really too big for a stroller? DS is just about 3 1/2. He's exceeded the weight limit for our lightweight, junky travel stroller, and is too tall to sit comfortably in the old Combi 6610. His feet hang way below the foot rest and his head sits way above the pillow. Plus I can't stand to have to fold that thing!!! We just need something to take along when we're walking around all day and DS gets tired--like long shopping trips or long days at parks, zoos, etc., where he just can't walk anymore. I don't want anything bulky that I'd have to push; ideally it would be something that folds up tiny and has a shoulder strap so I could carry it until DS needs it. I don't want to be one of those moms pushing a big, empty (or loaded with packages) stroller while DS runs ahead and I can't keep up with him or hold on to him because my hands are occupied by the dumb stroller. Thanks for any advice!

Helene
Mommy to Joseph, 12/29/01

pamela mom of 3
06-28-2005, 08:35 AM
I'd probably look at a volo, while they are not super cheap you maybe able to find one on sale, they hold 55lbs & have a carry strap

http://www.maclarenbaby.com

shishamo
06-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Volo. It's light, small, shoulder strap, I can push my 5 year old easily if he's REALLY tired (and he's 44lbs).

Susann
06-29-2005, 01:22 PM
I third the Volo. You can get it for even as low as $50 on eBay right now.

Susann

egfmba
06-29-2005, 09:36 PM
Like you, I have a 3 1/2 yr old and he's tall! I just bought the volo, and he loves it. He's about 3.5 ft tall and his head rests comfortably against the back of the seat. I got the 2005 volo & accessory pack for about $123 after discounts and rebates. I found a babystyle coupon code on the coupon board here, joined ebates, and with the joining bonus and ebate for babystyle, saved $12 off the discounted price!

Whether you buy a 2005 or 2004, I highly recommend the volo. You can get a 2004 directly from maclaren for $75; you can also get a 2004 accessory pack for $39. Shipping is extra from the maclaren site.

HTH!
eva

josephsmom
07-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks, everyone!

Helene
Mommy to Joseph, 12/29/01