PDA

View Full Version : Duallie vs. Mountain Buggy Urban Double

brownstraceroad
06-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi everyone,

We are trying to decide between the BOB Duallie and the Mountain Buggy Urban Double. Despite my research, I haven't found a post that compares the 2.

Does anyone have any experience with both? What would you recommend?

I have a 1-week-old and a tall (38inches) 2 1/2 year old, live in VT (so need somthing that is good on dirt roads and in slush/snow if possible) and plan to use it primarily for long walks in less than stellar conditions. Occasionally, I would hope to throw it in the car to bring to town or on day trips.

It would be great if the stroller could tackle some grass/mud/hills...but I don't expect the world. : )

If anyone has any insights on these strollers, I would be most appreciative!

Thanks in advance!

Kathleen

brownstraceroad
06-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi everyone,

We are trying to decide between the BOB Duallie and the Mountain Buggy Urban Double. Despite my research, I haven't found a post that compares the 2.

Does anyone have any experience with both? What would you recommend?

I have a 1-week-old and a tall (38inches) 2 1/2 year old, live in VT (so need somthing that is good on dirt roads and in slush/snow if possible) and plan to use it primarily for long walks in less than stellar conditions. Occasionally, I would hope to throw it in the car to bring to town or on day trips.

It would be great if the stroller could tackle some grass/mud/hills...but I don't expect the world. : )

If anyone has any insights on these strollers, I would be most appreciative!

Thanks in advance!

Kathleen

JodiM
06-28-2005, 11:12 AM
The duallie is quite a bit wider, and has a fixed front wheel.
It is good for trails, jogging, and even running.. and it offers suspension.
It would be a good stroller if you ONLY planned on using it outdoors, as it would not fit through most standard doors.

The MB is a good stroller, has awesome steering and maneuverability. It offers a fixed OR swivel wheel, so it has the option of being used indoors.
However, you will need to buy a extended canopy right off the bat as your child is probably nearing the top of the canopy.

Have you considered a Valco Twin Runabout? They are very similar to the MBUD, both have the fixed or swivel wheel.. both are 29" wide, and both have incredible steering or maneuverability.

However, the Valco offers a taller canopy (1" taller than MBUD's EXTENDED Canopy, and more padding for the new baby.
They also come with alot of the 'accessories' that you would have to buy additional with the MBUD. (Bumper Bar, Rain & Sun Cover, Tire Pump & More)

strollerqueen
06-28-2005, 01:09 PM
If you ever want to go inside at all in the BOB, f'get about it. It is a full SIX INCHES wider than the MBUD. I would get the MBUD hands down, any day, over it.

brownstraceroad
06-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Thank you both for your good advice! I really appreciate it. : )

Kathleen