PDA

View Full Version : Insert to make MBUS seat more comfortable?

gel
06-29-2005, 09:13 AM
Hi - Does anyone know of a good insert that will fit the MBUS. Not only would I like the seat to be a little more padded, but I also hope I can help my daughter sit a bit upright. The slope of the seat and the natural recline of the back make it almost impossible for her to lean forward, which is how she likes to sit. I know the seat is meant to be that way, but I'm hoping it's possible to do a little modifying, as this is otherwise such a terrific stroller. TIA!

Sandy
06-29-2005, 01:24 PM
I use the Bowron Sheepskin liner and it is great. This is probably the best price I have seen for it:

http://www.rideondepot.com/InStep_Bowron_Lambskin_Seat_Liner_SA003_p/ins-sa003.htm

HTH,

Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02
& Marisa Mia 4/23/05

sobers3
06-29-2005, 03:04 PM
If you push the extra material from the top of the seat behind the seat, while pushing the seat forward, it makes the seat sit up much straighter. I hope this makes sense! Mary

gel
06-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Hmmm - I'm not sure I get it, but I'm going to fiddle around and try to do as you suggest. Thanks! This is certainly the solution most friendly to my pocket book. Gabriella

gel
06-29-2005, 04:08 PM
This DOES look great. I wish I had one for ME! Thanks for the link. Gabriella

Leo
06-29-2005, 05:44 PM
I agree and recommend the Bowron. My little one likes to lay on it in the stroller even when we're in the house. He finds it very comfy.

chelseamom
06-29-2005, 06:45 PM
I just ordered a MBUS and I am wondering whether I should get a bowron. It's been so hot in NYC lately and DD sweats in her strollers. Will the Bowron keep her cooler? It looks so hot!

Thanks,
Samantha

Susann
06-29-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm not so sure. My DD was sweatting when she was sleeping on one. But on the other hand, when I was in Australia in January (their hottest summer month), I saw a lot of them, both for babies and toddlers.

Susann

JodiM
06-29-2005, 08:55 PM
They are supposed to draw the moisture away from baby, to help make them more comfortable.

We use them in all of our 'outdoor' strollers, and I have lots of customers who get them, and swear by them.

They are WELL worth the money, they keep baby cool (er) in the summer, and warm in the winter. The wool helps children with excema (not as much sweating) and it's also supposed to be good for colicky kids (I wish I would have known this when mine were in the colick stage)
Because it's wool, it has a natural 'germ barrier' too, which is always good.

And my favorite 'pro', you can throw it in the washing machine easily, and don't have to 'scrub' down your stroller!

vicster
06-29-2005, 10:56 PM
so you would go with the bowron instead of the snuzzler, even for an infant? does one provide more support than the other?

JodiM
06-29-2005, 11:03 PM
No... I would go with both- if I had to pick one, I would get the snuzzler for a infant (up to about 3-4mo's), unless you had a head support.

The snuzzler is a full body support for a newborn, whereas the bowron will 'fit' from birth until they get out of the stroller.

gel
06-30-2005, 02:16 PM
I can definitely see how it would make a stroller seat more comfortable, but I am hoping for something that will make it easier for the baby to sit more upright, specifically in the MBUS. Will the Bowron thing address that, do you think? The seat on the MBUS, and on most of these all terrain type strollers, seem to have both an incline on the seat and the seatback, sinking the baby in and making it nearly impossible to lean forward. I'm all for buying one of these if it will help. THanks again.

JodiM
06-30-2005, 04:37 PM
The snuzzler would help a little bit, but no, short of cutting a hard piece of foam and putting it under baby- that's just the way the seat is made.

I read on SWAP the other day where a woman said she cut a wedge out of foam to use for her child in the e3 so the baby could have a bit of a incline, instead of a 'full recline'.. it could probably work for a sitting position, if you got hard enough foam.