PDA

View Full Version : extra frog frame?

entttc
06-29-2005, 01:40 PM
We have just the bugaboo, for home, and the volo, in the car (and the UCSC in storage). No room for extraneous strollers anyway- we're in the city, where space is more precious than money. #2 is on the way; they'll be 18 mos apart. We will ultimately find the right double stroller, but there will be times early on when we want to take out just one or the other kiddo in a single stroller and not wear the baby. Bugaboo setup doesn't switch between bassinet and stroller easily- you have to take the fabric off the frame. How do people deal with this? Just buy another bugaboo (too expensive)? Buy an extra frame (where? How much?) Toddler in volo, baby in bugaboo (volo isn't great on our sidewalks)? I'd like to have the double as our only additional stroller purchase- because of the size, not the cost.

LuxyBebe
07-01-2005, 01:49 PM
I heard you can purchase the frame for around $125 not including the seat fabric which is another ~$80 and the canopy is $35. You can special order these right through the bugaboo phone #. HTH

-kim

chrissyhowie
07-03-2005, 09:02 AM
We had a Bugaboo for our only stroller with DD#1 (other than the UCSC). We're also in the city, so I completely understand your space concerns! DDs #1 and #2 are 17 months apart too, so we've got a lot in common :).

DD#2 spent much of her first few weeks in a sling. But when we did go out with two strollers, DD#1 would ride in the Bugaboo and DD#2 in the UCSC. I thought we'd put the bassinet on the Bugaboo frame, but DD#1 got very possessive of the stroller in the beginning so we ended up not bothering. We got the e3v2 for our double stroller within the first couple weeks after DD#2 was born. That has the newborn bed for the double setup for the first few months, so I never missed the bassinet feature of the Bugaboo. Because we walk everywhere, we mainly use the e3v2 when we go out with both, and for the most part only used the UCSC when we were going to be riding in a car.

After a little while, I took back from MIL an Inglesina Swift that I had given to her to keep at her place (she hardly ever used it). So now occasionally we will use that stroller and the Bugaboo for certain situations, like if we are going out to eat. We'll use the Bugaboo at the table at certain places that don't have or a limited supply of high chairs, and then fold up the Swift. The Swift has also come in handy now that DD#1 wants to walk more and not ride. I'll put DD#2 in either the Swift or the Bugaboo, and have DD#1 walk if we are going somewhere nearby. I always bring my sling in the case DD#1 decides she wants to be the rider.

So personally, I think you will do fine with the stroller combo that you have, once you have your double to round out your collection. The only issue I can see maybe arising is wanting a recline for the lightweight stroller so that you can use it with #2 earlier on or if one of them is napping.

HTH,

melissaflorida
07-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I ordered an extra frame direct from Bugaboo with no problem. I think it was about $100-125.00.

HTH.

~Melissa

GroversMom
07-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Can I ask how you folks who got the extra frame got one?

Virgin Airlines was *kind* enough to toss my frame and break the black piece that the seat snaps into.... Virgin has agreed to pay for the repair, but now I'm having trouble getting a new frame.

I called Bugaboo and they said I had to order it through the store I ordered our Bugaboo through. However, the store is Georgia and we are now in Mass. I tried calling stores in Mass but they would only help me if i bought the Frog from them.

Any suggestions? I miss my Frog...

TIA