PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

mzchung
06-29-2005, 10:01 PM
I am due now in 2 weeks and am down to choosing between the Bugaboo and the Peg Perego A3.

The A3 is quite bulky when folded up, but then again, the Frog doesn't seem to be a "small" stroller for trunks either.

I really would like to hear from owners of either to help me decide before baby decides to come!!!

Thanks!

JodiM
06-29-2005, 10:27 PM
We have a Bugaboo for ds, and I really like it- but I find if I have only him (or only dd for that matter) I reach for my Zippy or Quest first.

I am always worried that someone is going to steal it, or it's going to get 'dirty'... I hate taking it apart and putting it in the trunk (Especially after having something like the zippy, with 1hand fold) It's a bit of a pain, especially when you have a screaming kid in the car.

Have you thought about getting 2 strollers, instead of spending the money on those?
You could get a nice neighborhood stroller, and then a lighter weight for the car, and probably stay close to the same price, or less than the cost of the Bugaboo.

mamica
07-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Just wondering if you have made your decision, which are you going with? I'm thinking about the A3 too, but I just can't seem to decide!

dules
07-03-2005, 08:04 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you could get the A3 AND a smaller stroller later, for the price of the Frog now.

Others to consider are the P3 and Zippy, if you plan to use it for short trips in the carseat and otherwise reclined for a newborn. You can also get a carrycot for the newest Zippy to make it more pramlike.

Good luck deciding!

Best,
Mary

DisneyLovnMom
07-03-2005, 08:12 PM
I had a bugaboo with my oldest daughter, it lasted two weeks before it found a new home. I found the two piece fold a hassle and the seat was on the small side for her at a year old. (she's a tall girl though, she was checked at the ED today and she's 44 inches at 3.5!)

I'm using the A3 with my one year old now, I LOVE it! The seat is roomy, it handles beautifully, the pramette feature alone makes me wish she weren't our last, it's so cushy!

For us the A3 is a more practical choice, it's great in the mall and the park, it's not huge, and it's easy to use! Our daughter is comfortable in it and has a lot of room to grow in it, our oldest DD can fit in it too when she wants.

cushy
07-07-2005, 03:28 PM
I am also considering the A3, and I think I will end up getting it. I was obsessed with the frog, but now I see where I would hate a small basket (although originally I didn't think it would matter), because I can and would prefer to walk to the grocery store, and the thought of having to carry the bags and push a stroller is not appealing. Also, I work in NYC, and literally like 95% of children in and around central park are in bugaboos, and the kids seem so uncomfortable because the seat looks really shallow, even though it reclines (although I know people who actually own it say otherwise). The first time I saw a baby in it, I was kind of alarmed by how uncomfortable they looked. It also seems like kids grow out of it pretty early- the stroller seat is just not that tall. Today I saw probably a 12-18 month old, big baby, and he was practically too tall for it already. I know bugaboo is rolling out a new model in the fall that will be taller (and $200 more). I really liked that the bassinette could be detached and used as a moses basket, but I've concluded that feature is not worth $350. I also think the two part fold would bother me. Maybe if the seat/bassinette collapsed further, that would be better, but it's just a lot of stroller. The A3 is really easy to fold. Of course, if you got the bugaboo and hated it, it does have good resale value. I'm also expecting my first. Good luck!

milesmom
07-09-2005, 02:57 AM
Sold my Bugaboo after a couple weeks of use (and I live in the home of the Bugaboo... Holland), the 2 part collapse was more work than I was willing or able (DS would run away on my every time) to do.

Good Luck.
Michelle