PDA

View Full Version : cleaning mud off wheels?

CarrieMaro
06-30-2005, 10:32 AM
This may fall under the category of something I should just figure out on my own ... but I thought I'd ask (love that this forum allows me to ask these obscure questions!).

There's new housing construction going on along our walking route and it's DIRTY! We were forced to go through a muddy area on the sidewalk this morning and it looks like that slime has stuck in all the grooves on the wheels of my Inglesina Zippy. Any ideas on the best way to clean it? The hose sounds good to me, but I'm worried about wrecking the wheels. I could oil them afterwards ... Or should I just attack with a pile of wet towels?

Let me know if you have any experience with this little problem ...

Carrie

lisajay
07-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Today I took a stroller for a test drive at a local store. I decided I needed to see how it handled in dirt. Well I drove the front wheels and then I realized my mistake. The dirt actually was more like clay. I was so mortified thinking what they would think of me after they were kind enough to let me take it outside. Fortunatley I had baby wipes in my purse and they worked very well to get them clean. So wet paper towels or baby wipes might be a good option. Then you don't have to worry about any damage. Also you won't make more of a mess getting them wet and then picking up more dirt.
HTH