PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding the lightest, most compact stroller for Travel? Zapp?

lunabeans
07-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Hello-

We are looking to find the lightest most compact stroller for traveling. In and out of the country...long and short trips.

Any ideas...we really like the Quinny Zapp but can't find it available in the US anywhere. Does anyone know where this can be purchased here in the US?

What is your favorite stroller for Travel??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HIU8
07-01-2005, 09:32 AM
We have a Mac Quest we use for errands and travel. It is great--only 12 pounds and folds quick and easy. It doesn't have a napper bar or snack tray, but it does have a 3 position recline and leg extenders. The basket is non-existent, but we use something like a skip hop anyway.

HTH

Heather

JodiM
07-01-2005, 09:44 AM
There were some Zapp's FS on Swap.

Honestly though, I would go with a Maclaren Volo first, that way you have storage- also the zapp folds up small, but it's a pain in the butt to fold/unfold.

The Volo is easy to fold/unfold, and only weighs 9+lbs (I think 9.2)

Momof3Labs
07-01-2005, 02:07 PM
The Zapp is 16lbs and doesn't fold THAT small. It folds short, but still bigger around than a Maclaren. Plus, the fold is so finicky, and it doesn't latch shut (you need to stuff it in a travel bag). I traveled with a friend who had a Zapp, and my Maclaren was much less hassle at security and at the door of the plane.

And the Zapp can't be purchased first-hand in the U.S., though you can find second-hand Zapps on strollerswap.

zapmansmom
07-02-2005, 11:19 PM
The Combi Savy line of stollers folds very easy and opens fast with one hand. I do not love it for everyday but, I do like it allot for travel I have the Savy Soho and for 99- it is a good stroller. It has one hand steering a small basket, napper bar and a carrying case and strap.
I never worry if something happens to it on the airplane. If it gets ruined then at least it was not allot of money.

Claudine~
Mom to a Super Hero
named Zapman
aka(Zachary) 9.5 months