PDA

View Full Version : double stroller + car seats + airport???

molly
07-01-2005, 01:53 PM
I did alot of air travel alone with DS and am now wondering what to do when it's just me with DS and DD? Specifically how to manage both car seats. DS is 27 months and DD is 3 months. For a travel stroller, I am thinking of the Maclaren Twin Traveller, but was wondering what to do with the two carseats when making my way through airports. I used a Pliko with the Marathon car seat wedged on top when it was just me and DS, but now I'm stumped on how to manage this with two - do I just not go anywhere without DH? Thanks!

molly
mom to william and emma

mom2kate
07-01-2005, 08:50 PM
I'm starting to think about the same issues myself, as I do a lot of traveling by myself and will have 2 about 2 3/4 years apart. About a month ago, I saw a mom by herself with 2 year old twins, with a Marathon hanging off of each handle. She seemed to be managing very well with that set up. I don't think Britax recommends that you hang or wear their carseats by the straps, so you'll have to decide how big of an issue that recommendation is for you. Another option is to get the GogoBabyz for the Marathon and just pull it in addition to your TT (assuming you can push that one handed).

I look forward to hearing responses from the moms who do this often.

Good luck,

carolines mommy
07-03-2005, 02:00 PM
I am facing the same dilemma as you. I am looking to go visit family this August with both DDs by myself. I am considering checking the stroller & infant seat, putting DD2 in the Bjorn, attaching a tether to DD1 and putting the convertible carseat in our carseat bag on wheels. Less to deal with going through security by myself. I just don't know how to get through security by myself with 2 carseats, 2 kids and a double stroller. Checking the carseat and stroller strikes fear right into my heart knowing how they handle these things in the baggage area. I may just have my sister pick up a carseat for me to use while I am visiting for the baby so I don't have to lug 2 seats to Illinois.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

mariza
07-04-2005, 05:06 AM
You can always hire a skycap to help you down to the gate and request one to meet you on the other end. A $5 tip would be sooo worth not having to juggle all that alone!
Or if someone is meeting you at your destination they can request a gate pass to meet you right at the gate and help out.