PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE (Bought Promenade) -Aprica ?'s - Boardwalk, BV, Ave, Windsor Prestige

ilovetivo
07-01-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm thinking the Quest as a lightweight won't work for me b/c you can't keep the SH on it w/ dd out and she doesn't seem to like the Aria. I'm trying to narrow down (or forget) the Apricas: Boardwalk, BV, Ave, Windsor Prestige

1. Do they have rear wheel locks?
2. Can you hang Skip Hops on them?
3. Are they tippy with the bag on and dc not in it?
4. Are the baskets accessible and decent
5. Is this Windsor Prestige good? I don't know what year model it is http://store.yahoo.com/babyride/ap-1204.html
6. Are Babyride.com or Allkidstuff.com a good place to buy from (Babyuniverse is sold out)
7. I'm 5'6" - with long legs (32" inseam) - will I kick the wheels?
8. Can you fold them standing up?
9. Do they all have extendable legs rests?
10. Are they all 3 pt harnesses? If so, do you think a very strong dd (back, legs, head) can sit in one ok? She likes to sit up.
11. When sitting upright, does DC's posture seem ok? Zoey's so slumped in the Aria.
12. Which one do you like the best?
13. How do you pronouce Aprica?
14. Is it easy to recline and put back up w/ dc in it?

Thanks soooo much!

Nooknookmom
07-02-2005, 03:06 PM
1. Do they have rear wheel locks? - yes (except for one model that I no longer see for sale)

2. Can you hang Skip Hops on them? - sure!

3. Are they tippy with the bag on and dc not in it? Nope, I hung everything on mine and it never felt tippy. The frame is designed so that the stroller isn't unstable.

4. Are the baskets accessible and decent - OH YEAH! I carried river rocks in mine, along with gallons of milk, beer, etc. The bottom of the basket is supported by a thick plastic piece and the basket rests on the stroller frame.

5. Is this Windsor Prestige good? I don't know what year model it is http://store.yahoo.com/babyride/ap-1204.html - awesome model, almost like the one I had. Great price! I paid $198.00 for mine many years ago and it was on sale ;)

6. Are Babyride.com or Allkidstuff.com a good place to buy from (Babyuniverse is sold out) - never ordered from them, sorry.

7. I'm 5'6" - with long legs (32" inseam) - will I kick the wheels? - I am 5'8" and only bumped the wheels occasionaly when I had the stroller in reverse mode.

8. Can you fold them standing up? - Yep!

9. Do they all have extendable legs rests? -This model does, the lighterweight, more umbrella types that don't have full recline do not.

10. Are they all 3 pt harnesses? If so, do you think a very strong dd (back, legs, head) can sit in one ok? She likes to sit up. - Yes, all have 3 pt - the "wings" that are built into the seat back are great for supporting an infant, I see no reason she couldn't sit up.

11. When sitting upright, does DC's posture seem ok? Zoey's so slumped in the Aria. - The Aprica seat is NOTHING like the Aria, they are designed in Japan by pediatricians for baby's posture!

12. Which one do you like the best? - The model you have here is the basic *frame* for most of the full size models, the 2004-2005 models have larger wheels and a few other changes that are minimal.

13. How do you pronouce Aprica? aaa-pri-ka (at least that's how I say it)

14. Is it easy to recline and put back up w/ dc in it? Oh yeah, super easy and you can remove the seat material and hood, hose the frame down and throw the seat material in the wash (line-dry) and voila a clean stroller! The best part is that the hood pulls ALL the way down to the bar, full sun coverage.

Note that a great suspension is built into the stroller and some people mistake this for flimsyness and they are not. The wheels are guaranteed for life. I never had anything break on my two.

Can you tell I love Apricas?, lol...good luck

ilovetivo
07-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Thanks so much! Which one did you have? Do you have any idea what year the one I linked to is? Did your (or this one's) front bar thing remove?

ilovetivo
07-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Oh, some more :)

Is there any reason *not* to get the Windsor Prestige on sale and go for a newer one (like the Boardwalk or Promenade)?

Do you think my pink skip hop dash would match ok? here's a larger pic
http://store1.yimg.com/I/babyride_1848_5852738

Do you think it's really 13 lbs?

How's the maneuverability? The aria's getting hard w/ doors and corners w/ dd and the carseat. But she's out of that now, so I think it'd be better for a while.

Did your, or this one's, handle telescope for height adjustments?

(ETA - more questions :) )

Melanie
07-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Can I add a question? When you reverse the handle, can you switch which wheels swivel or not, or do you end up with swivelig front wheels and fixed rear...a la a shopping cart?

I am really obsessed with finding a good reversible-handle stroller, that's not huge like the peg.

Nooknookmom
07-03-2005, 01:42 AM
Yes you can lock either set of wheels - depending on which way the handle is facing.

The model I had is no longer made, but aside from colors was just like the one on sale in your link.

I see no reason to pay $400 for a 2005. The only real difference is slightly larger wheels & different fabric.

The bumper bar does remove, but not by swinging open, you remove these little pegs. Very easy though.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

ilovetivo
07-05-2005, 03:16 PM
How's the maneuverability? The aria's getting hard w/ doors and corners w/ dd and the carseat. But she's out of that now, so I think it'd be better for a while.

Nooknookmom
07-05-2005, 05:03 PM
They maneuver great - they do get a little harder to stroll on sloping driveways and such when baby gets around 30-40 lbs. They have built in suspension and have a lot of "flex" in the frame.

ilovetivo
07-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Thanks for your help! Do you happen to know the weight capacity? I can't find that info anywhere.

Nooknookmom
07-05-2005, 10:06 PM
I've read 40lbs , but I used mine until DD was 6 and was 54-55 lbs.

ilovetivo
07-05-2005, 10:14 PM
:)

ilovetivo
07-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Another thing I just thought about....Is there shoulder activity with opening and closing? I know book folds (i think that's what you call it - when the handlebar folds in half) really hurts me.

ETA: no shoulder activity :)

Nooknookmom
07-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Most of the folding is done w/ one hand. Slide the lock to "unlock", squeeze the folding mechanism and give a slight *PUSH* downward and the stroller folds itself and stands on its own!

I really wish you could go and *drive* one and play around w/ it. Aren't you in Chicago? I grew up in that area (NW Indiana area).

I know of a babystore in the city but I can't think of the name of it now. Let me try to remember and I'll post it. :)

ilovetivo
07-06-2005, 11:00 PM
thanks!

Nooknookmom
07-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Welcome!

DAKnits
07-15-2005, 12:04 AM
I have one question ... does the Aprica Windsor Prestige have a leg extension? How would you compare it with the Maclaren Quest?

A great friend is deciding on a light weight stroller, and I was going to recommend the Quest, but then I read this post...

ilovetivo
07-15-2005, 05:51 AM
I'm getting my Aprica Promenade today. I'll let you know how it compares. I believe the windsor has a leg extention, but you can email Aprica and ask [email protected]

I didn't buy the Windsor mainly b/c I was afraid of the website. there's been some bad reviews from them.

I loved the Quest, but wanted to be able to keep my Skip Hop in it when taking DD out of the stroller. You can't do that...will tip immediately

kcimato
07-15-2005, 01:16 PM
I bought the Windsor for my daughter since she is short and has a tall DH. I ordered it from Babyride and was skeptical b/c of bad reviews but it arrived in 2 days. It's wonderful!

Nooknookmom
07-15-2005, 04:44 PM
:)

Melanie
07-19-2005, 02:36 AM
How do you like it?!

ilovetivo
08-01-2005, 04:34 PM
I got the Promenade actually (from the stroller swap) and love it!
The support for dd is great. Love the leg rest and reversable handle. The sway is fine for me. It is a little short though. I'm 5'6" but have really long legs. I don't hit the wheels too often though. In reverse handle though I do. The shortness for me is the height of the handle bar. I wish it was even just 1 inch taller. I could change the angle, but then the diaper bag would be too close to me. My skip hop hangs on it if it's on the tightest setting. Can't hang the bag in reverse mode though. Great canopy. Doesn't cover dd's feet though when the leg rest is extended. Oh, in the reverse mode it's very very hard to get the stroller over a curb by leaning it back. Not even sure if I can do it because all the weight of it is then in the front. The basket is great (but not attached in my pic). It can be folded up if you don't need it.

ETA: the weight is fine for me

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28566.jpg