PDA

View Full Version : Please post pictures of your favorite double stroller!

jray
07-02-2005, 11:09 AM
I just can't enough of your amazing pictures! I know there is no such thing as the PERFECT double stroller, but please show me a picture of the one you think comes pretty darn close! :)

JodiM
07-03-2005, 12:40 AM
Here is our favorite- it's a Valco Twin, and basically my do everything stroller.

DD (7yo) was pushing that day, on fairly rough terrain, and had no problems. My older 3 normally argue about who is going to push

http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL206/1305364/2481210/99083710.jpg

carolines mommy
07-03-2005, 01:46 PM
This is my perfect stroller for the time being. I would love a SBS especially the Valco Twin, but DD1 would constantly be hitting DD2 so this one works great for us for now.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

carolines mommy
07-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Oops, let me try this again...

Erika

carolines mommy
07-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Can't get the pic to post. Anyway it is a Peg Tender Twin '05.

Erika

Owensmom220
07-03-2005, 02:59 PM
We just ordered Phil & Ted's E3 V2.

-Steph

DisneyLovnMom
07-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Kiwi e3, DD #1 was 2y10m and DD #2 was 4 months, it was taken at the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. They're currently riding in a Kiwi Explorer though, just no pics of them in it!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27972.jpg

Mum-of-3-Lil-Herberts
07-03-2005, 09:55 PM
This is an amazing double Stroller the Jane Powertwin!

Victoria Mummy of Lila 05/99
Riley 09/2002
Tommy 10/2003

jray
07-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Hi Victoria! Can you tell me where you puchased your PowerTwin, and if it's available in the US? I was looking at them earlier and they look really neat.

jray
07-04-2005, 08:09 AM
I'm so intriqued by these P&T strollers. I have a few questions: 1) What's the weight limit on the seats? 2) Is the stroller heavy? 3) Is it easy to fold? 4) When you're pushing the stroller, do you constantly bump the bottom seat? 5) Can the little one below see everything okay? 6) Where do you put your stuff? (diapers, etc) since there is no basket.

Thanks so much!

carolines mommy
07-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes! I'd love a PowerTwin and would be interested to know if there were any dealers in the US.

Erika

Mum-of-3-Lil-Herberts
07-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Mine Came From Italy. They are not availible in the US or Canada so I had it imported. I am acually Selling it though not because I dont love it, just because we need the money to help pay for a puppy we just bought. I was planning to put it on ebay very Soon.

Victoria Mummy of Lila 05/99
Riley 09/2002
Tommy 10/2003

houseof3boys
07-05-2005, 07:58 AM
Your 4 month old looks so comfy! How tall is she? I tried it the other day with my almost 5 month old and she was so uncomfortable in it despite her pretty good head control. She is not liking the newborn bed anymore so I thought she was ready!

To answer the OP, the E3 is our choice but I have no pics yet. :(

DisneyLovnMom
07-05-2005, 11:55 AM
>Your 4 month old looks so comfy! How tall is she? I tried
>it the other day with my almost 5 month old and she was so
>uncomfortable in it despite her pretty good head control. She
>is not liking the newborn bed anymore so I thought she was
>ready!
>
>To answer the OP, the E3 is our choice but I have no pics yet.
>:(
>
>

At that point she was 10lbs8oz and 24 inches, she was a little one!

We used a snuzzler with her in there and crossed the straps across her so she'd have more support, she was rather comfy down there! We still used the newborn bed until she was about 6 months old.

betsydenny
07-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Hi. No pix but I do have some answers to your questions.
I dont have my e3 info in front of me but I recall the back seat weight limit is 30 lbs however, I have seen larger kids back there without a problem, esp if there is weight in the front seat.
the stroller is heavy compared to an umbrella stroller but much lighter than an MBUD. It is super easy to fold altho you do have to take off the back seat. (I do this process twice a day and it is very easy- just pop the back seat off and fold)
My little guy is very happy in the back seat and in fact my DD who is 2.5 rides back there sometimes and she has no complaints.
It is definitely a little low in the storage department. I can fit a backpack of stuff in the basket but not much else. there is a basket that doubles as foot space for the one in back. My little guy's feet dont reach nearly that far yet to it isnt a problem. Even with DD sitting there I can still fit a backpack if it isnt over packed.

Oh, I dont bump into the back seat at all! I know it looks like you would but I have seen a number of people of different sizes push this stroller and nobody bumped into the seat. I walk, run and do everything with this stroller and absolutly love it!

HTH
Betsy

ekbecker1
07-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Great picture. Just curious - what kind of bag or bags are hanging off the back? It looks like you figured out a way to keep the bag from hitting the second rider in the head.

DisneyLovnMom
07-09-2005, 10:20 AM
>Great picture. Just curious - what kind of bag or bags are
>hanging off the back? It looks like you figured out a way to
>keep the bag from hitting the second rider in the head.

I had the backpack-x on there and our camcorder bag, along with the pannier bags and the basket packed! The sunshade is also on the top, but we never really used it, it was too hot in Florida to have her covered up like that, she ended up sweating like crazy!