PDA

View Full Version : BOB Revolution vs. Baby Jogger Q Series

adurham
07-02-2005, 08:47 PM
I'm still in search of some direction on my quest for a jogging stroller for a few beach trips this summer.

My son will be 4 months old on the first trip in two weeks so I need a jogger that reclines (and obviously need to decide asap to get one ordered!!). I see a lot of good reviews on BOB's but not much at all on Baby Joggers. I'm new to posting here so forgive my ignorance but is there any particular reason I'm not seeing more mentioned about Baby Joggers on this board?

I've learned a fixed wheel works best in the sand, but what if I am primarily using the jogger for around the neighborhood-exercise walks on paved roads and sidewalks (I don't jog) and a few beach trips during the year? Would the Revolution's swivel wheel with the locking mechanism be for me? And what is the youngest a baby can ride in a Revolution since it only partially reclines?

Many thanks!!

vicster
07-05-2005, 11:25 PM
You might want to check out the Baby Jogger City Series. Baby Jogger was supposed to be the company that invented jogging strollers and have been around for 20 years (so they say on their website). I was all set on getting the MBUS but have decided that the Baby Jogger City Series is a much better buy. It's a new product from Baby Jogger that just came out this week. I haven't seen one in person yet but have been communicating with Baby Jogger directly and have seen their Q Series that has the one-hand quick folding mechanism, which is very, very nice, and the Performance Series, which has the firm, padded seat the the City Series will have. The City Series has 12" wheels instead of 16" wheels so is not really meant for serious jogging but has a front swivel wheel that you can lock straight if necessary. The folding mechanism on the City Series compared to both the Bob Revolution and the MBUS is what sold me. The City Series will recline to 23 degrees.

newmomto1
07-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi,
I just got the BOB Rev. & I LOVE it...my DS is older though. The seat does not recline very much...I am not sure how comfy it would be for your little guy. I am having a hard time remembering what my son was doing at 4 mos (seems like FOREVER ago).

I just took this from BOB's website:

"Your child should be at least 6-8 weeks old before riding in your BOB stroller. Please note that babies incapable of holding their head up must have additional head and neck support to ride safely and comfortably. Supporting an infant's head properly will also help him/her sleep more soundly.

With the addition of the optional Infant Car Seat Adapter, newborns can safely ride in the stroller. This accessory will allow parents to use their Infant car Seats with single seat BOB Strollers, and will work with the best selling Infant Car Seat models available.

For jogging or off-road strolling, children should be at least 6 - 8 months old.

Consult with your pediatrician regarding the suitability of stroller use with your child."

HTH a little.
Good luck!