PDA

View Full Version : stroller to replace graco metrolite

Mommy to a sweet baby boy
07-03-2005, 12:07 AM
My friend has a nine month old baby boy. when she was registering she got the graco snugride with the metrolite stroller, i told her not to, that it was not a good stroller etc. but she insisted and now she is unhappy with the stroller. Her son HATES the stroller. he falls asleep almost instantly in his britax decathalon car seat but when you place him in the stroller he whines and cries and screaches to get out, which is not like him, he is a very happy baby boy. So i told her that i would help her find a new stroller and i am coming here for help. She is looking for a stroller that is easy to push for tall people, she is 5'10" and her husband is about 6'3". The stroller should have some sort of recline, because she does take the baby out at naptime and such when he needs to be able to sleep in the stroller. She would also like to have either a basket or handles that you can hang things from because she often takes the baby and groceries up to her appartment. In addition she would not like to spend over $200 on this stroller because she and her husband both work full time. when she does use the stroller it is to run errands so something that has a pretty easy fold. it does not have to fold up to any size however because she has a minivan. if it makes anything different at 9 months her son is about 29 inches and he weighs about 22 lbs, he is a big kid.

I was thinking about the maclarens, not the volo due to its lack of recline. which would you suggest out of them in this instance.
peg perego p3? is that overkill for the little use that the stroller gets?

please help!!! I do not want her to waste anymore money on strollers. Before she got her son the britax she had bought him a cosco 3 in 1 and i convinced her to return it, she is so happy that she did, her son loves his comfy carseat now.

Thanks soo much

Mommy to a sweet baby boy
07-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Anyone??? my friend would like to pick a stroller out this week because her mother is going to be visiting for the 4th so if she found one that she likes at a store her mother could buy it for her.

HELP

TIA

ktdid74
07-03-2005, 06:43 PM
I was thinking either a Mac Quest or PP P3. She could find deals on both on albeebaby.com. My DD loved both of those strollers. Depends on if the baby likes the sloping seat, too. The P3 is loaded- snack tray, cup holder, can hang tons of stuff on handles and no tipping. Both fold up pretty small, too. Good luck--

Nooknookmom
07-04-2005, 12:37 AM
As the PP suggested a P3 would be great or a 2005 1/2 Zippy. Either would fit the bill and be very sturdy and comfy!

strollerqueen
07-04-2005, 03:26 AM
Really, it sounds like her son needs to be in a stroller in which he can see her. In otherwards, reversible seat or handle.

mariza
07-04-2005, 04:42 AM
I love my P3, and highly recommend it, but at 6'3" her DH might find himself kicking the wheels. I went to an art fair with my brother who is 6'2" and he was looking to extend the handles, but they were all the way out. I think the Zooper Swing handles are about an inch longer than the P3. The Quinny Freestyle 4 from Walmart has the reversing seat as SQ suggested, but it may be heavier than what your friend wants, also not sure about the handle height. Maybe others can recommend strollers with reversing seats for you. HTH!