PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a lightweight stroller...

meshell
07-03-2005, 02:08 AM
Hi All!

I don't venture much into this forum, mostly because DH and I thought that with our Universal Car Seat Carrier and our Mac Techno XT we were covered in the stroller department. Now, I'm finding that I would like a stroller with other features than the Mac when DS outgrows his infant seat and we can't use our beloved UCSC anymore.

I'm looking for a lightweight stroller that has the following features that our Mac lacks, this stroller would most likely be used for mall crawling:

-snack tray in front for DS (I like the concept of it...I don't like that the Mac doesn't have anything, but do kids really need this? DS is only 12 weeks old and not eating solid foods, so I don't know if this is necessary, but it does seem helpful...any thoughts?)
-easy fold, that doesn't fold to the ground
-larger basket than the Mac
-I'd love a parent tray, but it won't break my heart if I don't have one...maybe at least a cup holder?
-shorter than the Mac. I didn't realize this before I actually started using it for a longer period of time, but the Mac is a TALL stroller. I'm 5'2" and I feel like I'm reaching up at the handles.

I was looking at the Peg Aria or a Combi Savvy. Can anyone tell me which they like better? Or are there any other suggestions? I only mention these because they're readily available at BRU.

Also, I'd like a stroller that is $200 or less.

TIA!

mariza
07-04-2005, 05:17 AM
I would search for online retailers rather than buy at BRU, you can save a lot of money by buying through online reputable retailers. I've gotten good service from babyuniverse and albeebaby. arunningstroller.com is another board favorite as well as letsgostrolling.com
Do a search on the Aria, there don't seem to be a lot of fans of it here, I have a P3 which I love and you can change the handle height. HTH.
Overstockbaby.com has an older model Zooper zStreet for only $89 which might be a good option for you (no tray or cupholder though).

meshell
07-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks!

I went stroller hunting with DH and DS in tow (they weren't too happy, but are willing to oblige mommy once in a while), and I think we're going to go with the Combi Savona. It doesn't have the parent tray, but there is a cup holder, so I'm ok with it. I found some pretty great prices online, so it seems like a winner. Does anyone have one of these? What can you tell me about your experience?

TIA!

tiapam
07-06-2005, 10:18 PM
My friend has a Savona and she seems to like it. We just got an Ultra Savvy because I prefer the tri-fold models (the basket is less than ideal, but I can hang quite a bit off the handle). A lot of people complain that the Combis are not so great for tall people so it should work out great for you!

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004