PDA

View Full Version : Some MBUS questions

cschwed
07-04-2005, 04:04 AM
Firstly - I want to get out of second-guessing myself for buying the MBUS. I love love love it - but I still can't stop wondering if I wouldn't have been better off with the Valco, which would have been cheaper (even though I got the 2004 mbus on sale) and comes with more accessories. Does the Valco have the same incredible steering? What does the MBUS have over the Valco? Please make me feel better about this!

Also - I live in Jerusalem, where a lot of streets are connected by stairs, so I'm constantly bouncing the stroller up and down stairs. It's usually possible to walk around without taking stairs, but takes a lot longer. Is this not healthy for my 4-month-old (I use padding in the stroller) and/or for the stroller?

Thanks so much!
Chaya

momathome
07-04-2005, 09:05 AM
The MBUS is lighter than the Valco and seems to have had less quality problems than the Valco has had - this is what made me choose the MBUS over the Valco. Not sure how the steering compares but I love my MBUS and I am using mine for my almost 4 month-old. HTH!

strollerqueen
07-04-2005, 01:27 PM
I agree with Lauren. As for the stair issue, I used to bump my prams up and down, but the suspension was so good that there was barely a jiggle for the baby in the seat. I think the MBUS would be OK, as long as you don't have the adjustable handle. (Which you don't.) There was an issue with MB's manufactured in Dec '04 and Jan '05 and stairs. People pulling them up were cracking the handles, the stress on them was too great. The problem only affects those two batches, though. It has since been fixed.

cschwed
07-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Thank you both! Quality issues with the Valco - I couldn't have heard something that would make me happier with my choice! (Not that I'm happy that other people have had problems, of course...)
As for the stairs - thanks for the reassurance. I actually wasn't too worried about my daughter - she doesn't seem to mind at all, and just jiggles a tiny bit. I was worried more about if I'm killing the stroller by bouncing it up and down about 300 steps a day.

knaidel
07-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Nah...the MBUSs are made to walk with the sheep up hills and pastures... New Zealand has 3 million people and 12 million sheep!
I lived in Katamon HaYishana for a long time, so when I saw your post, I got nostalgic. I think the MBUS is a good choice for J'lem. There was someone else who posted on this board from Ramat Eshkol who was having problems with her Valco there- I hope that reassures you!

cschwed
07-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Thanks so much!
I feel bad being "reassured" by other people's problems... but yes, that does reassure me!
An American in Katamon HaYishana? Wow, you're brave! I live on Sorotzkin (Unsdorf/Mattersdorf neighborhood) where you hear way more English than Hebrew...