PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Bumbleride Rocket Owners!

Severine
07-05-2005, 01:24 AM
I absolutely LOVE this stroller from what I have seen and read on the internet about it, but there is nowhere I can go to check this out in person. :( I've read the positive reviews on here, but what I'm wondering about is its off-pavement capabilities. Have any of you taken yours off the pavement? How was the ride? We're looking to use this at the local nature preserve, primarily, which has dirt roads, gravel paths, and grass. We currently have a Zooper z-Street, which is woefully inadequate for this terrain (for obvious reasons). I fell in love with the Bumbleride Rocket long before our little one was born, but I waited because everyone said I should wait and see what my needs would be after our baby was born. If this performs the way I hope it does on the above terrain, then it looks like I found a need for it (and I actually got my husband to agree to purchase it!).

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

ellies mom
07-05-2005, 02:42 AM
Ok, while you are answering her questions could you answer mine as well? DD is 20mo old. We have a Baby Trend Expedition that has never been jogged. Would it be too late to get something like the Rocket? I know I can get a Schiwn or Instep for cheaper but the Rocket is just so sharp looking and it looks like it can actually fold small enough to fit in the trunk of DH's Honda Civic.

I must add that this new obsession is all your guy's fault. My new micro isn't even here yet and I'm already lusting over another stroller, although in my defense, I've been trying to talk DH in to "trading in" the Expedition for a swivel wheel for a while now. :)

Thanks in advance from me too.

elliput
07-05-2005, 07:54 AM
I have take my Rocket "off-road" a couple times now and I think it handled the terrian beautifully. On Friday I attended an outdoor concert and had parking lot, side walks, gravel path and grassy terrian to cover. The Rocket glided over everything. It was very easy to push up the grassy hill when leaving the venue. I think I received a few envious looks from the other stroller pushers as I quickly by-passed some of the crowd. :-)

elliput
07-05-2005, 07:58 AM
The Rocket's child weight capacity is 40 lbs. So I think it should last anyone well into late toddlerhood/preschool. The seat is quite deep and has a tall back, so I think there is plenty of room to grown. DD is almost 6 months and there is tons of growing room for her with this stroller.

HTH!

Severine
07-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Erica - Thanks for your input!

I was able to find a store that stocks the Rocket and went there today to check it out. It was worth the 1 hour drive! :) Very impressed! They did not have the blue color in stock, so I ended up buying the red (I know, I'm impatient! ;) ) but I love it anyway! My husband set it up for me this evening so I can use it tomorrow. It is pretty big...much bigger than our Zooper z-Street...but it's not too heavy. I can't wait to use it!

Anybody else have any input? I know I already own it now, but I'm interested in others' opinions, nonetheless.