PDA

View Full Version : Help me replace my beloved Maclaren Concorde

Piglet
07-05-2005, 10:38 AM
I had the pleasure of buying a beautiful UK-made Citrus Plaid Maclaren Concorde on SWAP a few years ago, but sadly, it has finally broken (after many years of use, love and abuse). I am really sad to see it go. I have a few strollers that I use frequently, but none are as lightweight and easy to steer as this one. I would love to find a stroller to replace the Concorde, but here is the catch - I am wondering if I can use the seat fabric from this stroller on a newer Maclaren (almost like a seat liner). If not, I would consider a different brand of stroller as well - what is light and easy to steer? Finaly, I have 2 kids now, so I have a Mac Rally Twin - do I need a single lightweight, as well? For reference, my other mall stroller is a Bebecar Unibig, which I adore. So to summarze - 1) is there any way to use the Citrus fabric on a newer Mac; 2) if not, what is good lightweight, easy to steer stroller; and 3) do I need a single when I have a functional, lightweight double?

Thanks so much,

momathome
07-05-2005, 07:01 PM
I am pretty sure someone on Strollerswap was able to use padding from an older Mac Vogue and put it on a newer Mac Quest and it fit fine. I seem to remember that the hood did not fit, though, but I may be wrong. The Mac Quest is a great stroller, it would probably work well for you. HTH!

hipmaman
07-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Marina, there are two Mac Duette/Vogue Duo for sale on StrollerSwap by Mary, I think. She just posted it tonight.

They are a bit more dressed up than the Concorde Duo, but still lighter than many twin sbs strollers.

Piglet
07-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks Tam - long time no see! Actually, I am looking to replace my single Concorde. I will keep looking on SWAP, I guess...

hipmaman
07-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Hi,

Hope you and the kiddos are doing well. I guess I wasn't reading your post carefully, eh? Duh!