PDA

View Full Version : What happens if Toddler falls asleep in Volo, no recline?Tuscany, Strollee, or Volo?

lisajay
07-05-2005, 01:04 PM
I have it narrowed down to 3 strollers at this point. The Maclaren Volo-I like because it goes up to 50lbs.
The Chicco Tuscany- I love it except for the fact that it is a little heavier, and it only goes up to 37lbs.

The Strollee Stroller- the price is right. I'm not sure why else I liked it, can't remember.

My one concern with the Volo is that it only has one position. Provided it was comfortable for my dd. I'm wondering what would happen if she was tired? Can they fall asleep in there o.k. without it being reclined. My dd is 15 mo. old, but sometimes she will fall asleep in her big stroller or in the shopping cart in her BuggyBagg (with pillow)
Can someone please help me make up my mind. I can get the Tuscany for $50, but they are almost sold out. Then they are no more at that price.
Thanks,
LJ

HIU8
07-05-2005, 01:33 PM
If you really want the recline go for a MacClaren Quest. You can get a 2004 Quest on Albee Baby or Ebay for around $100. That has the extended leg rest and the three position recline.

HTH

Heather
DS Jacob "Coby" 11/27/04

Sarah1
07-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Audrey falls asleep in her Volo w/o being reclined. She just kind of leans her head over to the side. Even in her other strollers that have reclines, she usually falls asleep sitting up fairly straight. Not that this is a kid who sleeps in her stroller much, but if she has missed a nap and is really tired, she will fall asleep! :)

betsydenny
07-05-2005, 08:27 PM
I second the pp. Both my kids have slept happily in the Volo. No it doesnt look super comfy but it hasn't stopped either of them from taking major naps in there when necessary.
If you are worried- go for the Triumph- then at least you get one bit of recline and still have a super lightweight/portable stroller.

hth
Betsy

lisajay
07-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Thanks, That's just what I wanted to know. I can get the Volo for about $85 (without canopy) and that is my top limit, even that's a stretch but I have Money my family gave me for my Birthday. The joys of being a SAHM, with a fixer upper for a home. Never any money for the extra's. Next time around I'm going to be wealthy. Oh well, at least I get to be with my dd everyday. Like the commercial says "Priceless" LOL.
I'm going to go to our local BRU and take some out for a test drive with DD around the store. I've heard that they allow that. It's about an hours drive but it is worth it. I want to make sure she fits comfortably in it. Some strollers don't sit up far enough for her. She loves to be sitting up looking at everything.
I really think I like the Tuscany. But my dd has been consistantly between the 75th and 90th percentiles for weight and I want to have the stroller for rare occurance we go somewhere as a family and she gets tired trying to keep up with the adults. So the higher weight limit is a real draw. That and it only weight 9lbs!
The Strollee goes to 45 lbs but I don't know anything else about it. Anyone hear any bad or good things about it?
Thanks Again,
LJ

ctmom
07-06-2005, 05:32 AM
I have a strolee and love it. DD has fallen asleep in it and has also stayed asleep from the car to stroller no problem. It has the front bar that comes off easily so she can climb up into the stroller herself and it makes getting her out a breeze and a nice sized canopy. The only thing I miss is a small pocket so I can put some of my things ie..keys, phone, water bottle, but it does has a basket underneath. My sister has the Volo and we compared the two and she can't belive how much more she spent for a stroller with less features. I was first attracted to the Strolee because of the price and I have really been happy with it.

lisajay
07-08-2005, 12:54 AM
Thanks everyone. I tried dd in the Volo and she didn't seem to like it. Besides she slumped over like she does in her cheap umbrella stroller. I bought the Tuscany but now I'm having second thoughts. I was really thinking about the Strolee. But I haven't found any that I can look at irl. I want to be able to do a test drive.
Someone did say that they only recommended it for very quick trips and only indoors or on paved surfaces. Question for the Strolee owner. How do you use this stroller, and do you think that the recommendations are correct.

Thanks again,
lisajay

ctmom
07-08-2005, 07:05 AM
Please see my post above...

Gena
07-08-2005, 08:06 AM
We have the Tuscany for my 14 mos old son and we love it. The fabric is very soft (we have the blueish one) and comfy. The recline is perfect for when my little guy falls asleep, but the seat sits upright enough to keep him happy when he is awake. Also the adjustable legrest is great, my son likes strech out his legs rather than have them dangle.

I think it's a great stroller, especially at that price!

lisajay
07-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Thanks everyone so much for their help making the decision.

I decided to get the Tuscany because I was able to try it out in person and dd really liked it. Also, at that price I couldn't pass it up. I figure if I want to later I can pick up the strolee, it's such a reasonable price to begin with. I'm going to have a nice collection before I'm done.

I just started ttc #2. If I'm pregnant this month my due date will be the day before my dd's birthday. Then I will have 2 under 2 for at least a day,lol. In which case I'm going to spring for a realy nice 2 seater.

Thanks Again,
lisajay