PDA

View Full Version : Zooper Swing/Waltz - Should I sell my Mac Techno Classic for it?

RwnMayfair
07-06-2005, 07:19 PM
I own two Zoopers, a zStreet and a Walk Air, and we really, really like them both. I've never owned a Mac though, so I can't compare them to that. But we've been extremely pleased with both of these strollers and have no complaints about either of them. Zooper also has excellent customer service - one of the wheel hubs on our Walk Air wouldn't attach correctly when the stroller first arrived and they sent me a replacement in the mail right away, no questions asked or anything.

The zStreet steers very nicely, in both mine and my husband's opinions. The Walk Air is a fixed-wheel stroller, so you have to know how to "drive" it (it's not exactly steering), but we've not been displeased with it either. Both of our Zoopers were very affordable (I'll admit that I got them both at very good deals though), and I think very well made as well.

Somehow, I think I praise Zooper too much. ;) But I've been extremely pleased with both of the strollers we have from them!

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif - Eighteen months!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/031120/0/5/0/-5/.png
http://lilypie.com/days/050821/4/0/0/-5/.png

scrooner
07-07-2005, 12:09 PM
The Waltz steers GREAT. We just took our Waltz to the mall for the first time yesterday & it navigated through the clothing stores beautifully. I had toyed around with it at home, but I think it steers better with a little weight in it, so I'm glad we've now got a 7lb DS to help out with that.

We don't attach our infant seat into the stroller since it has the full recline & we think that's better for DS.

One thing I appreciate about the Waltz is how smooth it rolls on the blacktop pavement around our neighborhood. I think it's due to the extra wide wheels.

lenad
07-07-2005, 12:17 PM
I have a Waltz and a Mac Quest. My dd is 9 months old, and we now use Mac almost exclusively, as it's easier to carry, and, importantly for you, I think it is easier to steer. Waltz was great while my dd was little, but with extra weight now Mac is easier to steer I find.

LD

emilyf
07-07-2005, 12:24 PM
I have a zooper z-street (older waltz) and I really like it, my friend has a techno that I have used so I have used both. To tell you the truth they are pretty similar-the techno has taller handles than my z-street (but I think the waltz has adjustable handles) and is definitely lighter and slightly easier to maneuver. The z-street feels a bit sturdier and is less tippy. I'm not sure I would go to the expense of replacing one with the other though-unless it was an even exchange pricewise-they're just too similar. The boot is nice, but I only used mine a handful of times-I think a Snuggle sack would be just as good-probably a bit better.
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

jray
07-16-2005, 11:28 PM
I'm thinking of selling my Maclaren Techno Classic (2004) and purchasing a Zooper Waltz or Swing. However, I've never seen either(or test-drove one), so I'm really needing your opinion.

My son will be 1 this fall, and while I like my Mac, I really want something with more substance. I love the boots and the Waltz seems to fit my budget.

I also hope to get pregnant soon, so I'd like a stroller that I can strap my babe into if needed.

Anyone own a Zooper? Does it steer nicely? Anything you don't love about it? Should I just keep the Mac and buy a Snuggle sack for this winter (instead of a boot). Thanks so much!