PDA

View Full Version : Quick and dirty - best lightweight - Chicco or Combi?

ctmom
07-07-2005, 08:32 AM
You can get a Combi Strolee for $39 and just keep it in your trunk after your trip...very lightweight, reclines, canopy, basket, tri-folds

Momof3Labs
07-07-2005, 11:15 AM
For Disney, don't forget an adjustable legrest and a good sunshade. Not worth compromising baby's comfort when they spend so much time in a stroller there!!

lisajay
07-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Does the Strolee have the adjustable leg rest? The tuscany does

I have narrowed my choices down to Combi Stolee $39 at Target.com and Chicco Tuscany.
I can get the Chicco Tuscany for $49 at BJ's wharehouse. I thought that was a great deal. The only thing is that the Combi Strolee is lighter 11lbs versus 15 lbs. The weight limit was 45 lbs versus the weight limit of 37 lbs on the Tuscany. It also has a carry strap I believe. I haven't been able to find a Strolee to try out in person.

The one thing that is making me lean towards the Tuscany is that I have heard from reviewers that they wouldn't recommend the Stolee for longer times, it's more for quick in and out trips. I also read a post that didn't recommend the Combi for any surfaces other than inside and paved areas.

I took the Tuscany for a test drive and my dd and I really liked it. I do wish it were a little lighter and had a carry strap though. Perhaps I could get a carry bag for it, or rig up a strap myself. Anyone do this? Any recommendations?
Thanks LJ

babymakes3
07-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Hi there
Just doing a very quick survey - I know that both Combi and Chicco have cheap (under 100) lightweight models on the market - which one do you guys prefer? I don't really care about the features as long as it is very lightweight and it reclines. This is for a trip to Disney for an 18 month old - after the trip I'll probably Ebay it!
Thanks for your two cents!