PDA

View Full Version : P&T's E3 as a Single???

milesmom
07-06-2005, 03:20 PM
We are considering selling our Mountain Buggy in favor of an E3 since baby #2 is expected to arrive very shortly. My husband wants to know if anyone is buying an E3 for use as a single stroller or are people in that market opting for the MBUS, Valco, etc. I guess what we really want to know is, is it a great stroller in its own right, or is the second seat what makes it great?

I'm not living in the US right now and can't see an E3 in personal to compare its quality and sturdiness to my Mountain Buggy... so I would love to here everyone's opinion.

Thanks.
Michelle

hobokenmom
07-06-2005, 08:01 PM
I bought an E3 to be used as a single, as it was for my third child, and we're not having any more children.

I chose it over the MBUS because it is slightly narrower, and I liked the newborn bed feature.

I used the stroller every day for 9 months, and it was awesome in the winter months. For the summer I'm using a P3 because it has much better sun protection. Also, the recline is better on the P3.

I'm sure next fall I will pull out my E3 again.

Good luck.

ekbecker1
07-08-2005, 11:50 PM
I just bought the E3 last Saturday and have been using it as a single with a 21-month old. It's my first all terrain stroller. Until now I had a Zooper Sport. I compared it in the store with a 2004 MBUS and I liked the E3 just as well as the MBUS (in terms of push and steering). I actually liked the options on the E3 better than the MBUS (napper bar, toddler seat of course!, fabric, handle fabric, color, seat). IMO, the only thing lacking on the E3 vs. the MBUS is the basket. For the record, I did not like the Valco handling at all compared to the MBUS or the E3.

So far, I LOVE the E3 as a single and can't wait to use it this Fall as a double. I've been on a weeklong trip and have been taking it in and out of the car with no problem (6 months pregnant too). It handles great - turns on a dime. I took it in and out of the hotel doors 20 times by myself - it just swings around and I opened the door with my free hand. I pushed it on grass and over curbs, up and down hills. The push is so easy even one-handed! My son has been fussy when sitting in his Zooper for a couple months now but he sat in the E3 with no problems at all. Actually, he loves playing with the buckle so much it's hard to get him out!

HTH. Good Luck!