PDA

View Full Version : Zippy stroller 2004 vs 2005

lucasdad
07-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Hello everyone,

We registered for a Zippy stroller at babies r us. We had registered thinking that it was the new 2005 1/2 model. No that we have opened the box taken it out and really looked at it...we realize it is the 2004 model. We have read that the newer model has the cup holder and allows one to snap in a graco snugride. We could exchange the stroller for the newer model and we were wondering if anyone new if there was really a big enough difference betwen the two models to warrant an exchange. Appreciate any help.

thanks,

Lucasdad

CarrieMaro
07-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Hello --

I have a Zippy 2004, without the cupholder, and I really wish it had one. I'd heard Inglesina was going to make one that could be added on to older models, but I don't think that's the case after looking on their website and asking in a local store. Bummer. I didn't think it would be a big deal when we chose to go with the Zippy, but whether walking for exercise or cruising around at the mall, it would be nice to have a bottle of water or a cup of coffee at hand.

I also realized too late that having a parent tray would have been really nice, too. Somewhere to keep my phone/keys/pepper spray (on walks) where they would be readily accessible if needed. I think I shopped based on lightness and didn't realize the features that would come in handy once I was actually using the thing.

I did end up getting a Skip Hop Duo diaper bag that attaches to the umbrella style handles of the Zippy. It puts pockets close at hand for stashing all my stuff and easily converts from stroller bag to shoulder bag. Plus, it looks great both on the stroller and on my shoulder (neat and trim and comes in many colors for matching to your stroller). Anyway, those are the lessons I've learned about strollers!

The new models I saw in the store come in very pretty and modern colors -- wish I could make a trade! On the positive side, my Zippy is a great stroller. Folding it couldn't be easier and it seems to be comfortable for my little one. Good luck!

pinkmomagain
07-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Check out babies r us website....It looks like the got the new Zippy..........

Gina

HannaAddict
07-06-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm not sure if I misunderstood one part of your post, but you can use the Snugride with the 2004 (and 2003, etc.) Zippy strollers. The 2004 has the same napper bar, you take off the padded covering and the hook on the Snugride kind of clicks in. It is actually a more secure fit than with a Kolcraft Universal Car Seat carrier/stroller. There are a couple of straps too for extra security. So that feature is the same on both. If you already knew that, just ignore my rambling!

If you paid full or almost full price for the babiesrus 2004 version (or your friends did), then I would defintely return it and get the latest version. The 2005's without the cup holder or toddler board are on sale at several places for around $220.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04