PDA

View Full Version : Just saw on our morning news that Graco is recalling the Metrolite and Duo...

SteelerFan
07-07-2005, 06:29 AM
said that it can collapse when open injuring a baby/child! Didn't see it on here yet so I just wanted to bring it up! I went to the Graco website and don't see anything posted on there about those 2 strollers! I'll look at the link to our news and see if it's on there!

Amy

mysweetboy
07-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Thanks for posting this. Here's the link to the recall notification on the Graco site.

http://www.gracobaby.com/customerservice/recall_detail.aspx?recallID=18

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04
and a sweet baby girl due 10/05!

SteelerFan
07-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Oh wow, I didn't even see that....I saw something about different strollers but not the ones above. Thanks for finding it--I thought it was going to be more recent models. Glad I don't have one!

Amy

eb1
07-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Just posted this in the lounge after seeing it on the news. We do have one of these strollers--even though they were manufactured a while ago, they were being sold at Babies R Us within the past year and a half.

Why does it take 200+ collapses of the strollers before there is a recall?

strollerqueen
07-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Because recalls cost manufacturers a lot of $$$$$.

lisajay
07-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the notice. My cousin has the Metrolite stroller for her 9 mo old ds. He is so adorable, it would be aweful if he were hurt. I sent my cousin a high priority email.

lisajay

kochh2
07-08-2005, 08:26 AM
I was so bummed when i got the CPSC email and realized that our stroller was one of the affected ones... And ironically, i;d just been syaing how it was hard to latch it right when i opened it... But now Graco is offering free repair kits by phone or internet, which is still a PITA, because now we will have to bend down and latch ssomething manually... there goes "easy to use" in their features!! I have been eyeing all the beautiful zippies and zoopers, and Mac's i've seen lately... hmm.... maybe it's time to replace our metrolight?? but i do love it despite the recall....
oh what to do!!!
*Sigh*

dules
07-08-2005, 10:22 AM
This is absolutely just my opinion but having read that article, if I had one of the affected strollers I'd get rid of it. It's just not worth the risk of broken bones, etc....what if I didn't fix it correctly or if the new part wasn't sufficient?

I'm a big what if person and that would make me crazy.

Zippys Zoopers and Macs, oh my! LOL! I've had each of these and loved them all.

Best,
Mary