PDA

View Full Version : Best all-around double and triple strollers?

ilovelily
07-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Hello all! I have a friend who has a 15 month old and is expecting twins on the way!! She needs to look at some double and (gasp!) triple strollers. She would need something relatively lightweight for malling and errands. It would be nice if she could use it for outdoor walks as well. Any ideas???

Thanks!

JodiM
07-08-2005, 09:00 PM
She could get something like a Inglesina Twin Swift, or a Maclaren Twin Traveller and use it with the older 1 and 1 of the twins, and use a sling.

She could also get something like a Valco Twin w/toddler seat and then when the older one outgrows it, she wont have to switch strollers, just take off the toddler seat (or fold it down out of the way)

ilovelily
07-10-2005, 10:34 AM
bump

Andrea5flk
07-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Michelle

I wou;d say go for an ABC with a toddler seat. The seat is on top and wont interefere with the babies as they get older, and if her older child doesnt want to ride all the time you can take it off. I have an mbud and love it, which she could also try and get a kiddie board, BUT my 3 1/2 year old is still a bit too young for it, so might not be the best way to go. I had a valco and it was the worst experience of my life. Horrid to close and i gashed my arm on the inside metal, they are jagged, I still have a scar to prove it LOL. I am also not a big fan of the toddler seat on top of the babies limits the space as they get older, but this is just my opinion others may like it!!

Congratulations to your friend!!

booboo1
07-10-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm in nearly the same situation as your friend. My DS will be 1 day short of his second b-day on my twins due date.

I settled on a Zooper Tango. I'm looking into a kiddie board or a hitch hiker.

I'm considering carrying one infant, and letting my toddler ride.

Finally, the Zooper has more of a "bench" type seat (although each side reclines individually), so I figure that if I'm in a pinch, DS can ride between the twins.

Good luck to your friend!!

ilovelily
07-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Sorry, but what's an ABC?

ca mom to 2
07-14-2005, 11:14 PM
This one I know!

ABC = Adventure Buggy Company Made in New Zealand by Phil and Ted the original designers of the E3

www.abcbuggy.co.nz

Hope that helps!

Cathy

Carly 4.5 years
Nick 1 year

sarahs
07-16-2005, 09:26 AM
I have 3.5 yr old ds and 14 mo old twin dds. I used the Double Snap N Go for the first 9 mos and then got a Combi Twin Savvy when the twins outgrew their Snug Rides.

I also have a Valco double with the toddler seat and it is perfect for the zoo or when I'm alone with all three kiddos. It is not lightweight (lifting in and out of car) but hey, what do you expect for a triple! You can also buy car seat adapters for the Valco.