PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find the right stroller....

salrich
07-08-2005, 09:12 PM
I know this question gets asked a lot but even after reviewing old posts, I can’t seem to figure out what jogging stroller will suit me the best.

Here is what I am looking for:
A stroller that I can use for walking, hiking and occasional jogging. It needs to have a good sun shade as we have 300 days of sunshine. I prefer a hand brake and a napper bar. I am short and my husband is tall – an adjustable handle would be great but isn’t a necessity.

My daughter is six months old and I would like something that has some recline and cushion. Fold isn’t a huge deal because I have a Zippy that I plan to leave in the car. This stroller will stay in the garage and be used daily.

I am mixed about having a swivel wheel because we will occasional use this to jog though we aren’t serious runners.

I have thought about a zooper, runabout, BOB, MBUS, Jeep and Instep. I am on a limited budget but do want something that will last and serve me well.

Any ideas from the stroller experts out there…. There are just too many choices.

Many thanks!

JodiM
07-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Bob Revolution- it is awesome.

HannaAddict
07-08-2005, 10:46 PM
For the uses you've described, I strongly second the rec for BOB Revolution. It is a great stroller. I went back and forth between the BOB and MBUS, even buying a MBUS first. But still was in love with the BOB and ended up with one after all. There are some fairly recent posts about the BOB Revolution if you search. I've seen the BOB on sale lately, it is quite a bit cheaper even at full price than a full price MBUS too.

(My errand/car stroller is a Zippy too.)

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

newmomto1
07-08-2005, 11:12 PM
I recently got the BOB Revolution & love it!
I use it for neighborhood walking, parks, occasional jogging, etc...
The sun shade is awesome! It does not have the hand brake or the napper bar you're looking for though.
It also does not have an adjustable handlebar. I am 5'5" & my DH is 6'1"...we both find the height of the bar acceptable & comfortable. The seat isn't really cushioned..but you can add an insert like a Snuzzler, or the one that BOB makes specifically for their strollers, or a Bowron Stroller Fleece.
I love the swivel wheel option..it makes it so easy to maneuver. For jogging I just switch it over to "fixed" mode & it works great!! Best of both worlds IMO :-)
I ruled out the Jeep because it is not made for any jogging at all.
I tried the Instep & Schwinn Safaris & although I liked them...I had issues with them (ended up exchanging it four times in the span of a month).
I've never seen the Zoopers, Valcos, or MBs IRL...so can't give an opinion on those.
I can tell you that I just recently went through the process of picking an AT/Jogger thinking I would go the economical route...& here I am with a BOB...go figure!
I am really happy with it though...I feel like it's going to last...so in that way I'll be saving some $$.
Good luck!

Susann
07-08-2005, 11:36 PM
If you're going to use it alot on uneven terrains, I would go with fixed wheel. I have a BOB Revolution but I think the Kool Stride Senior is something I would take when hiking. When I was walking in our near by State park on muddy, uneven and narrow trails it handled beautifully. I would be worried to take my BOB to such places. The KS has an adjustable handle that adjusts up to 47" or so. It reclines and it has a huge canopy. The material is very soft cotton canvas.

I think the swivel wheel is nice when you need the stroller to fit tight places, like stores, but when out and about fixed wheel goes a tad further. Even when going to the beach, the fixed wheel performs much better.

Susann

quartzlynn
07-08-2005, 11:59 PM
Is there anything you can do to be able to use the BOB before the baby is 6months? Inserts or anything.

salrich
07-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.
I am pretty set on having a bumper/napper bar. (long story)Does the Bob have one available as an accessory? I haven't been able to find one online.

thanks again.

Smiles81
07-11-2005, 06:09 PM
The zooper boogie is also a really good outdoor stroller. It has a swivel/fixed wheel option, a reversible seat, and a napper bar. It is big and heavy though. It comes with nice accessories and it is good quality. HTH
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

newmomto1
07-11-2005, 07:09 PM
I don't think you can get a napper bar for the BOB :-(

vicster
07-12-2005, 12:03 PM
I just ordered the Baby Jogger City Series Single. It has 12" wheels with a front swivel that can be locked straight. It will have a napper bar accessory and infant car seat adapter, both available in the fall according to Baby Jogger. Haven't seen it in person but have seen the Baby Jogger jogging stroller that has the quick fold technology (folds with one hand very easily), 23 degree recline, more heavily padded seat than the MBUS and weighs 21 lbs (compared to 22.6 lbs I think for the MBUS) and also folds much smaller than the Bob Revolution. We don't plan on jogging much with it so that's why we went for this instead of the Bob Revolution. I'll report back when we get ours.

salrich
07-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks again for the suggestions. Any reason(s) why no one has mentioned the Valco Runabout? That was sort of where I was leaning....

TIA!!!

JodiM
07-12-2005, 07:33 PM
The Valco Runabout is a awesome stroller, but isn't recommended for jogging.