PDA

View Full Version : Valco Twin - need to see IRL

walmin22
07-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Does anyone know of any stores which carry the Valco Twin? I live in Orange County NY. I'm willing to travel to CT, NJ, NYC and Albany NY. This stroller cost more then my 1st car so before I go and spend this kind of money I would love to see it IRL.

Thanks,
Mary

nfowife
07-08-2005, 09:37 PM
You can see what stores carry the valco on their website, valcobaby.com , and then call them and see if they have a twin in the store.

JodiM
07-08-2005, 10:18 PM
If you don't see any stores in your area, call them- they get new retailers on a regular basis, and can't always update their website.

Make sure you CALL the retailer first though, we have all been out of twins for a while, and they aren't due in for another 2-3 weeks.

Marisa6826
07-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Mary-

I have a 2004 and live in Northern Jersey. I would be happy to show you, unfortunately, I'm sending it to them hopefully Monday (I've been dragging my feet on sending it out) for a slight tune up. It shouldn't be gone for more than five days or so (at least that's what they tell me).

How soon do you need to see it?

I can meet you at Woodbury! ;)

-m

walmin22
07-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Sorry I have been away from the computer for the past couple of days trying to set up the soon to be baby's room. It would be wonderful to met up when you get your stroller back. I'm not due until 8/23. My DS decided to come at 35 weeks so I'm hoping that doesn't happen again!

Thanks,
Mary

tribecamom
07-11-2005, 08:57 PM
schneiders and I am pretty sure also at Albee baby

knaidel
07-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Try asking Smiles81 (on this board). Also, there's a store on Rt 59 in Monsey-Braun's- give them a call and see if they have it.

dules
07-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Call Buy Buy Baby in Paramus. They definitely had the single with toddler seat. Not sure about the double.

Best,
Mary

walmin22
07-12-2005, 02:13 PM
>Call Buy Buy Baby in Paramus. They definitely had the single
>with toddler seat. Not sure about the double.
>
>Best,
>Mary
>
>
I happened to stop into the Paramus store about a week ago, yes they only have the single with the toddler seat. They said they only special order the double.

Thanks,
Mary

Smiles81
07-13-2005, 08:15 AM
Yes, I think Brauns does have the valco double, I remember seeing it there, but it was the 2004, and this was a while ago, so I would call them. I can get you the number if you want. I am getting a valco single in a couple of days so it you want to see that we can meet up somewhere.
HTH
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

walmin22
07-20-2005, 09:36 PM
My DH and I took a trip to Brauns today. Yes they do have the Valco double. I'm pretty sure it was the 2005 because it had the individual hoods. But they had a full front bar that covered both seats on this model. I wasn’t able to play with it much; my DS needed a nap. I tried to have him sit in the seat, which he wanted no part of. Not sure if it was him being tired or that I didn’t have the seat in the most up right position. I’m not used to all those zippers and straps to adjust the seat. I wasn’t able to fold and re-open the stroller either. I currently have a Graco Quattro Tour stroller, which has a one-handed fold mechanism and a bar to adjust the seat incline. I still have to convince my DH that a side-by-side stroller is better then a tandem. Plus it has to be easy for him to use. I’m a little nervous that he is not going to like anything I pick out because the Graco was sooo easy to use. Plus he loves the parent tray and the child snack tray. Why can't there be the perfect double stroller?

Thanks everyone for your help in locating the double for me to see.

Mary