PDA

View Full Version : Do taller people kick the Zippy?

Melanie
07-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Especially if they are sporting size 13's? LOL. He's 6'.

Dh detests strollers he kicks, especially with the Zippy style of brakes where he'd lock the brake at the same time by accident.

He doesn't kick either of our Macs, though.

TIA

JamiMac
07-09-2005, 11:09 PM
I would say he would kick the Zippy for sure! I do, and I'm 5'3 with a size 7 shoe.
HTH!

squimp
07-10-2005, 01:52 AM
DH is 6'5" and size 14(!). The kicking is less of a problem than not being able to reach the handles. I'm 5'6", and I just adjusted my stride a little to deal with the kicking. To me, the problem isn't so much the height, it's the fact that the wheels are pretty close together.

I love the Zippy so much, I can excuse these little problems. DH only pushes when we're traveling, and he's either stopped having the problem or stopped complaining :).

You might try the Peg P3 - handles are adjustable, and I think the wheels are a bit farther apart.

Everyone says Macs are better for tall folks.

slknight
07-10-2005, 07:00 AM
>You might try the Peg P3 - handles are adjustable, and I think
>the wheels are a bit farther apart.

You know what's weird? I kick the wheels on the P3 all the time and it drives me nuts. I'm only 5'5" and I've never seen another complaint about people kicking the wheels on the P3. DH is 6 feet with size 14 shoes and he doesn't kick it. Go figure.

SarahK
07-10-2005, 10:04 AM
I think it has more to do with your stride than your height. I'm 5'10" and my husband is 6' and neither of us kick the Zippy.

Melanie
07-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks everyone.

Dh does have a long stride, though. =(

I'll have him test drive it anyway.

mommytoColeT
07-10-2005, 11:31 AM
I had the 2005 1/2 and had a terrible problem kicked the wheels...CONSTANTLY. I am 5'9, DH is 6'0". My DH kicked them too so he even stopped taking that stroller when we had to go somewhere. I had a friend try it out to see if it was just me and she kicked them too. I loved everything else about the stroller but couldnt stand that one thing, so I sold it. I think the issue with us is that the wheels are too close together. The P3 is better. Have you thought about the Quinny Zapp? It is an umbrella stroller and I or DH have never kicked the wheels on that.