PDA

View Full Version : Silver Cross Mini - Questions

ashkash
07-10-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm considering getting an SC Mini & selling my Techno, because I feel like the Techno is more stroller than I need as a lightweight. Would the Mini be a good alternative to a Mac Quest? I like the bigger tires on the Mini. What is the recline mechanism on the Mini, and how many positions is it? How is the push compared to a Mac?

Thanks for any help!! :)

JamiMac
07-10-2005, 11:54 AM
The Mini has a strap type recline that goes back a little farther than a carseat recline. It sits up pretty straight when in it's upright position too. The wheels are bigger than the Quest and are nubbier. This makes it do better outdoors than the smaller wheeled Maclarens. I think the Quest makes tighter turns easier with one hand. The weight is a little bit less on the Mini than the Quest.

I might have an idea for you, Email me, if you'd like.
jmaciula @ cox.net (no spaces)

tarahsolazy
07-10-2005, 12:04 PM
I have a basically new Mini in Brighton I'd like to sell, cheap! you can email me at tarahsolazy at yahoo.com if you are interested.

I think its a great stroller, but we don't need a lightweight right now. Very sturdy, and the suspension makes it roll nicely on uneven pavement. Easy fold, too, I can fold it and put it in the trunk while holding DS.