PDA

View Full Version : Man do I ever need help!!!

mamasoup
07-10-2005, 10:16 AM
I am looking for a new stroller and hope you can help me. Currently I have a 9 month old DD who is still using her FP SIV car seat along with a Kolcraft universal carrier. She still fits in the car seat by height and weight, but I think it may be time to retire it. She does not want to be reclined when out, and wants to look around and see what is going on. I have a Mac Vogue (01 I believe) that I used with my older daughter but I just find it is not fitting my needs this time around. With three children (5, 3 and 9mo) I have much more "stuff" and the basket on the Mac is just so tiny. I also really would like something with a child tray, the only thing that keep my baby busy on outings is Gerber fruit puffs and would like a place to put them. Also I have become spoiled with the universal carrier and want some kind of parent tray/cupholder type thing.

I have been looking at the Combi Savona and Tetra. I really like the acoustic canopy feature on both and they just have that stylish look that Gracos and Evenflos don't. I also want one that is fairly lightweight and does not fold up huge. What are the opinions on either of these? Are there any other ones out there for me to look at? This will mostly be a shopping stroller, from the car to the pool or playground, occasional walk on pavement. I don't need anything for offroading or city sidewalks.

By the way, any one know of the best way to get rid of a FP SIV and Kolcraft Univeral Carrier? Ebay? I really doubt anyone around here would buy it if I put it in the paper. I also have a Mac Volo hardly used, would I even get enough $$ to bother listing it since I see them selling for much less then when I got mine? I also have a Kidco Citylight double and in the land of Graco DuoGliders don't think I would have much luck selling it local. Is there another way besides ebay?

Thanks so much!!!!!
Alicia
Eli 10-13-99
Eve 8-21-01
Ela 9-14-04

Andrea5flk
07-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Alicia, it is so hard to find a stroller with a parent tray, and a child tray. I would say a P3, but not the biggest basket, and only a parent cup holder, but not the best. I actually had a jeep jogging stroller and it had a parent tray, child tray and a huge basket. How much are you looking to spend, and what other features are important?? Also can you e-mail me I am looking for a used volo!! You can try craigslist to list everything you are selling, that way you dont have to bother with shiping, I have had luck that way.

kellyotn
07-10-2005, 04:22 PM
re: the FP SIV, when was it manufactured? I THINK FP seats are good for 8 years past mfg date, but check on that. It may be getting close enough to expiration to not bother selling it. (A shame, because I loved that seat!) Another thing, if you look from the back, lots of people had a problem where the harness got caught on a part of the seat and started to shred a bit. If yours doesn't have that problem, I know that someone was looking for a harness-only on the iVillage car seat board. And, if it IS shredding, definitely do not sell it. Call FP and apparently they refund some of your money.

For the other stuff, if you don't wanna ship, try craigslist. Depending on where you are, it may go really fast. If you do need to ship, I was happily surprised at the price to ship FedEx Ground. Might not be worth it for the Kolcraft, as those are really inexpensive new, but for the other stuff, FYI. :-)

HTH,
kelly

mamasoup
07-11-2005, 06:47 AM
The SIV was manufactured in 12-00 so it still has some life left in it. I was thinking the same thing that FP are good for 8 years. It does not have any shredding problems on the harness, the worst thing is there is the harness is a little wrinkled up in the back. Not sure exactly why that is, but I made sure each time I tightened it to cover the sharp points with my hand so the straps would not catch and snag.

I looked on Craigslist and my area is not on there. The closest is Washington DC and we are a little bit to far out of the area.

Thanks!
Alicia