PDA

View Full Version : What color is your E3?

milesmom
07-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Ok, I have decided to buy and E3 but can't decide on the color. I have seen a few around town and ...

It seems like red is the most popular color but I am not so much into red these days and I already have another red stroller. Is it a dark red or a red red? I could be sold on a dark red.

I haven't seen the blue in real life, online it looks pretty blue (bright)... I would prefer a navy, am I wrong about the color?

Well, that leaves me with charcoal/gray, too boring???

Once again, thanks.
Michelle

chrissyhowie
07-10-2005, 05:17 PM
I have the charcoal/gray and yes, it is kind of boring LOL! I was just saying to my DH the other day that I wish I had gotten the red color. We had opted not to get red because our single stroller is red -- now I am wondering why we cared that both would be red :). That being said, the charcoal is not a bad color choice, but I do wish I had gotten something more fun.

I've seen the blue IRL and actually think it was on the darker side. Not quite a dark navy, but certainly not a bright blue.

The red is more of a red red. Definitely more on the brighter side versus a maroon.

(Sorry, my color descriptions are so lame ;).)

peasprout
07-10-2005, 06:23 PM
We have the charcoal as well. I like the sleek contemporary look of the black/gray. I was afraid that red would be too loud of a color and get too much attention. As it is, we already get stopped at least once whenever we got out by someone asking about our stroller. Either way you're getting a great stroller!

JP

mysweetboy
07-10-2005, 06:33 PM
We also have a red e3, and it is a brighter red, rather than darker. In hindsight, I think I would have preferred the gray. I have this weird thing w/the diaper bags coordinating w/the stroller and anything would look good with gray. :) But I got a great price on the red, and it is a nice looking stroller....so I can't complain!

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04
and a sweet baby girl due 10/05!

jess_g
07-11-2005, 06:16 AM
I have the blue and is more navy than bright blue. The online pictures are way too bright. I also have a seat that is green and charcoal and I do wish I had gotten the green color. I am not sure if they still make the green but if they do I would get green. Otherwise you have to decide if you want bright red (which I think makes you stand out more when you are out with the stroller) or a more subdued color like blue or charcoal. I did not want to stand out so much so I opted for the blue.

I hope this helps some, Jessica.

swampus
07-11-2005, 07:24 AM
We have the red; I love it. My dh really wanted gray at first, since he thought the stroller "kind of looked like a backpack" with all the straps and velcro and everything on it. :) But I got the red and I really do love it. It's definitely a red red, though--I have a skiphop that "matches" it, but the skiphop is a deeper red than the stroller.

I think the red suits the style of the stroller--does that make sense? :)

I went with the red partly because I had the P3 in black sable.

lcadwell
07-11-2005, 06:19 PM
We have the charcoal. I figured everything would match - baby blankets, diaper bag etc...

milesmom
07-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks everyone for all the input!

jay
07-12-2005, 05:25 PM
I just purchased the red - it is a fire engine red - it really stands out. I almost purchased the Blue though because it matched my carseat perfectly (Companion Unity Blue)and it was more subdued. But we decided on the Red because we don't have sidewalks in our neighborhood and we thought the red would really stand out (safety issue). The red makes it look really sporty. Hope that helps.

ekbecker1
07-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Kristin,

Which SkipHop do you have? Do you use it in toddler/toddler mode and does it hit the back rider in the head at all? Also, can you use a SkipHop while you have a BOB console attached? Thanks!

PS - to the original poster, I have the e3 in red and I LOVE it. It's a bright, primary red. Like Kristin said, I think the red suits the stroller's sportiness and my other stroller is gray and black so I wanted a change. I wish the e3 came in a bright yellow color, that would be cute too. Maybe e3v3!

swampus
07-12-2005, 07:52 PM
I have the skiphop Duo... it rests perfectly along the back of the rumble seat. I have the BOB console, too... but since I have the handlebar flipped to the higher position, it's kind of tilted on there. But yes, they can both attach to the handlebar at the same time. I'd imagine that if you had the handlebar in the regular position, the Duo would even overlap the back seat by a couple of inches.

My ds is very tall for his age (only 4 months, though!), and he has a lot a lot a lot of room before his head approaches the top of the rumble seat. dd was in there before (22 months, over 33 inches), and she had plenty of room, too.