PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella Type Stroller with HIGHER weight limit?

champion2b
07-11-2005, 10:37 AM
I am planning a trip to Disney and want to bring a umbrella type stroller that would be easy to use on/off the buses. Are there any other strollers out there besides Maclarens (weight limit 55 lbs)?

Yesterday, I went to BRU to look at the Triumph and Quest. I was undecided between them. The Quest was nice and the seat seemed waterproof, but I like the carry strap on the Triumph versus the handle on the Quest. The Triumph seat doesn't feel waterproof and I don't know if that will be a problem because we are starting potty training. What do you think? Any other comments or suggestions welcome?

Momof3Labs
07-11-2005, 01:35 PM
You can get a Quest at www.albeebaby.com for about $130 shipped, then go to www.combistrollers.com and buy a carry strap (meant for a Savvy) to attach to it. You'll spend about $150, a little more than a Triumph, but have a stroller that meets all of your needs.

I think that Kidcos have high weight limits, too (45-50lbs) but are much harder to find IRL, so you have to order one online and hope that it works for you!

kellyotn
07-11-2005, 02:37 PM
The Mac Volo is mesh, might be good for potty training.... Its super minimal & light.

sobers3
07-11-2005, 02:56 PM
I have heard that Piddle Pads work well also. GL and have fun! Mary

newmomto1
07-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi,
I have the Volo & the Quest.
I tried the Triumph but returned it b/c the seat was really shallow & my DS looked very uncomfortable in it.
He does well in both the Volo & Quest though.
If you don't have to have the recline, I'd go for the Volo.
It is so light & easy to use..plus it has the carrying strap.
The mesh seat doesn't absorb any liquid...so you could easily clean up any "accidents".
You can get great deals on the 2004s on Ebay right now.
Also, I think Albee Baby has the 2004 for around $70 or so.
Good luck!