PDA

View Full Version : How picky were you about matching stroller/infant seat? Any less

Wife_and_mommy
07-11-2005, 11:24 AM
with a second child?

A friend is giving me her infant seat(Clarion SR) and I have an SBO Zippy. I don't think I care but it irks me just a little that they won't match. I'm sure to get over it though with the $$ savings, though. ;) Just wondered if I was alone.

Thanks for voting. :)

dules
07-11-2005, 11:41 AM
MY DD hated her infant seat and outgrew it within 4 months. I didn't care a bit if it matched anything and was happy to see it go when we were done with it.

It never actually crossed my mind that it might have matched with anything, at the time. LOL.

Best,
Mary

ellies mom
07-11-2005, 12:21 PM
They are in the infant seat for such a short period of time that I didn't really care. I had a dark grey Baby Trend car seat and a Cookie Zippy. I was more concerned with how the stroller looked. Now the diaper bag....

kijip
07-12-2005, 12:52 AM
I could not have cared less about matching. Especially since you can use the Zippy without the car seat.

JennsBabySky
07-12-2005, 01:49 AM
I really cared with my first and ended up with a horrid Graco stroller/carseat combo. It took up my entire trunk, so I almost never used a stroller. With my second, I wanted a nice stroller and I didn't care at all if they matched since I almost never took the seat out of the car (and when I did, I usually didn't have the stroller with me).

Wife_and_mommy
07-12-2005, 10:41 AM
You are so right! I had a really old seat that I used very rarely and it really didn't bug me the one time I used it with the stroller. See? I'm over it. :) I guess it was the initial thought of it. My stroller plan so far is to put dd in the stroller and sling/Bjorn baby. Now that I think about it I'll probably *never* have the opportunity to put the car seat in the stroller. Duh!

I remember reading some posts in the past about people who were really anal about the matching. It's so unimportant in the grand scheme of things..... Thanks for bringing me to my senses. :)

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogcrd20040405_4_My+child+is.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev035pb___.png

Lovingliv
07-12-2005, 12:13 PM
They are in the seat for such a short period of time,,,,i really didn't care.

cmdunn1972
07-12-2005, 07:12 PM
I bought my infant seat, but our stroller was given to us by a friend of my Mom's who she teaches with. No way am I picky about it matching. I'm happy to have been given such a nice stroller! :)

racerl1
07-13-2005, 10:08 AM
I would have preferred my infant seat to match my stroller, but we decided wanted the Britax Companion, which we feel is the safest infant seat, and it doesn't really match anything except the Britax strollers. We had our hearts set on the PP Venezia stroller, though. Ultimately, I decided that safety was more important than matching. Besides, the stroller will be used much longer than the infant carrier. You won't always use them together. We ended up ordering a plain black/gray seat to kind of match our khaki/black stroller.

Melanie
07-13-2005, 10:31 AM
I cared the fist time. Now I'd rather have a stroller I love and a cute car seat cover.