PDA

View Full Version : Zooper Tango double side by side stroller: Any opinions??

MomtoOLT
07-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Never knew they made a double, if it's been posted here, I've somehow missed it!

Anyone with even a single Zooper, how do you like it? Pros? Cons?? Better than Peg Perego Aria, MacClaren or Combi?

c2lane
07-11-2005, 05:34 PM
I don't have any experience with the Zooper double but when I was looking, the store had one in stock. There were a couple things about it that I didn't like:

-one sunshade
-appeared heavy
-the seat is one seat w/no divider between the 2

Again, this has been my only experience and maybe someone who has one can give you some more information.

FWIW I really, really like the Mac TT and will be getting one. I want a stroller that will grow with my children and the Mac seems like it will probably not only grow with them but out last them as well.

~Carrie
mom to Dillan Rose 01/02/04
& our 2nd blessing due 10/6/05

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040102/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]
http://lilypie.com/days/051006/2/5/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

booboo1
07-14-2005, 08:15 AM
Hey there -

This is the stroller that I purchased, for the following reasons:

1) the seat is more "bench" like (but they still recline individually). With twins on the way, I feel that this will allow me to let my toddler ride in the stroller, too, in a pinch.

2) It feels SO sturdy - and turns like a dream. I feel like this one will really last, no problem.

3) I thought the one sunshade was weird, from photos - but it seems plenty large.

4) Yup, it's heavy, but still manageable - DH didn't like the combi.

5) I got a great price - www.albeebaby.com $150 - it's last year's model, but I didn't really care about that! The 2004 model also has straps to hook up a carseat.

Good luck in your decision.

kellyotn
07-14-2005, 08:45 AM
I considered it several months ago. But I didn't care for the bench seat, its listed at 31.5" wide which is pretty wide for doors, and the total weight limit is very low (70 pounds I think). I did think it was cool-looking though!

Later, I've read people have no problem with getting thru doors, so that's good!

I think its very attractive, and Zopper has a good reputation. When I was looking it was still pricey (no $150 deals) and it just wasn't the best bang for the buck with that low weight limit. But heck for $150, you'll get your money's worth until its outgrown. ;-) My 2.5 year old and 11 month old total about 50-something pounds, so who knows if I'll still be pushing them when they total 70, but I want the option, KWIM. And, when I bought it I was in a more "just buy one stroller" place than I am now. Now, I'm a bit stroller obsessed.

FWIW, I got a Mac TT b/c I really wanted a sturdy stroller with a high weight limit (55 lbs per side), that would easily fit in my trunk & thru doors. I narrowed it down to a Mac RT or a TT. I found a deal on a TT, so got it as it has a few more bells and whistles.

HTH,
kelly