PDA

View Full Version : 2nd seat/toddler seat question

phirey
07-11-2005, 08:42 PM
OK, so I have a dumb question. DD#1 will be three years old one month after #2 arrives. She really never wants to ride in a stroller and hasn't since she was about a year and a half old. But some have said that she'll want back in when she sees the baby in one. I'm just not thrilled about the idea of a double -- I mean, she'll be THREE -- how long do kids ride in these things? Still, these stacked double things intrigue me, with one HUGE exception. I feel like the bottom/back kid will be pretty PO'd about their view being blocked. It seems really claustrophobic to me. I mean, I can see a newborn not caring. But after about four months DD wanted to look around. So anybody using these IRL, can you please address that?

JennsBabySky
07-12-2005, 01:56 AM
Ok, my daughter was almost 4 when my son was born. I think the last time she had used a stroller was when she was 2. Suddenly, she wanted to ride all the time! And to be honest, I encouraged it because it was so much easier to have her in the stroller rather than running free in the store (and she is usually pretty well behaved for her age). She is now 5 and still occasionally rides. We went through several doubles which seemed overkill given the age gap. We now have an E3 with doubles which works great for us. Since my 5 year old is still really lightweight (like 31#s), she sits in the back seat! We both prefer this because she can get in and out as she pleases (at 5, that is not a problem for us) and she really likes the back seat better. Also, my son (1.5) likes to grab the wheel when he is in the back seat, so I find it easier to keep him in the front seat. Also, when she isn't riding, I don't mind pushing the E3 with only one child. I always felt silly with my traditional doubles and only one kid in them.