PDA

View Full Version : Okay, honestly, how hard is it to fold a MBUD or Valco Twin?

jray
07-12-2005, 07:56 AM
If I spend the cash on one of these strollers, it will be my EVERYTHING stroller. I have an Envoy SUV. Can you tell me anything about lifting and folding?

schums
07-12-2005, 08:39 AM
I have the MBUD and it really isn't hard to fold. There are two slides (for lack of a more technical term) near the wheels that you pull up (toward the handle) at the same time, and the whole stroller flattens immediately. Very easy to do -- they don't stick or anything. You hook the strap that keeps the stroller folded and lift it into your car. To get it into my Durango SUV, I grab it about halfway down the stroller frame and balance it on my stomach and then pivot it into the car. I could just pick it up I guess, but this works well for me.

It actually is a very easy fold, and for the size and weight of the stroller, the lift and load isn't too bad at all.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

JodiM
07-12-2005, 08:47 AM
The MBUD is a 1step fold, you just hold the lift the 2 buttons on the side @ the bottom, and fold.

However, if you want it to lay remotely flat, it becomes a 2step fold. You have to pull the wheels out to the front and then fold it. (While hoping the wheels don't go back to the back again- which is always my luck when raining. LOL)

The Valco is a 2step fold, you unhook, and fold, then fold over again. It's really not any harder, because technically the MBUD is a 2step as well.
The Valco also folds up smaller, which I like, since it gives me more room in my vehicle that way.