PDA

View Full Version : P3 and 2 week old

ajrivers
07-12-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm getting ready to start taking walks in the neighborhood and I'm wondering if I can just put Jake in the P3 with the seat back some and the leg support up with an infant headrest instead of putting him in the car seat? Anyone done this??

Thanks. Amy

skohng
07-12-2005, 04:01 PM
>I'm getting ready to start taking walks in the neighborhood
>and I'm wondering if I can just put Jake in the P3 with the
>seat back some and the leg support up with an infant headrest
>instead of putting him in the car seat? Anyone done this??
>
>Thanks. Amy
>
>
hi amy

i have the p3 and took my ds out for a spin in it when he was 3 or 4wks old. he was tiny in it and slipped around. also i couldn't figure out how to get the straps to fit him b/c he was so small. so i got the snuzzler and it fit him MUCH better. still, he wasn't happy in it for long periods of time. he also hates being in his snugride so i was stuck...so i ended up getting the navetta basinnet to click into it, making it like a pram. i'm so glad i did!! got it online for $50, you can do a froogle search.

hth
selena

mariyav
07-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Amy, I think you should just put Jake in the stroller with the seat fully reclined, instead of putting him in the car seat, especially if you are just going for a walk and not driving somewhere. Infants this small should not spend long periods of time in the car seat so if you can just use the stroller I think that would be better.
Congratulations and enjoy your walks!

Mariya
Mom to Elizabeth 4/15/04

nov04
07-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Sounds perfect to me Amy, I tried to use infant car seat as little as possible w/ the stroller too. I rolled up small flannel receiving blankets on either side between her and the stroller to steady her. The infant headrest thing that steadies her head was perfect to stop the floating harness clip thingy from digging into her head. We'd walk around inside places as much as possible (too cold outside)

I didn't take dd out at 2 weeks because she was 3 weeks early but I would feel fine taking out a full size few week old.

DAKnits
07-12-2005, 11:39 PM
You aren't "supposed" to keep the baby in the carseat, in fact you are supposed to limit the baby's time in the carseat. For a newborn that young, you need to fully recline the seat, like the carriages our moms used to walk us in, which were totally flat. Since a newborn has such little neck and head strength, if you put him/her at an angle, the head will tilt and fall around. Always keep the infant head support around her head too. And you can do as the above poster suggested and roll up blankets around her head.

http://aappolicy.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/pediatrics;112/1/199

http://www.aap.org/advocacy/archives/julyskullqa.htm