PDA

View Full Version : C'mon some has to know about the premiere carriage stoller by one steap ahead.

Zannys Mommy
07-12-2005, 07:47 PM
I saw this on a website and I think its a great one with all the features I was looking for in a stroller and also a GREAT price but I cant test drive it so If any one has this one or know anything about it PLEASE help me out! Also does anyone has a Britax stroller? I liked one : Forerunner - Oxford Any coments on this one?? I need to hurry up ane make a decision before I go insane!

mariza
07-12-2005, 08:17 PM
I've started and/ or participated in several posts regarding this stroller. It's actually made by Compass and they have 2 versions of it (well, 3 actually if you consider the "premeire" sold under the One Step Ahead name a seperate version. If you do a search on Compass you should see all the posts.
I've seen that one referred to as the S320, but it does not pop up on www.compassbaby.com unless you search by model number. Target had them on clearance right now under the model number S300 for under $100. The S300 has front swivel wheels only so it makes it a bit more difficult to steer when you reverse the handle. The S310 model has 4 sets of swivel wheels for easier steering. These were released about 2 months ago and Compass recalled them to fix a problem with the wheels (thats why they are showing as "back-ordered" everywhere you look). They were supposedly re-releasing them 3 weeks ago, but I have yet to see them. I called Compass CS and was told they would be in TRU stores first (they said specifically TRU not BRU). I called all my local TRU's and no one there knows anything about the Brand, nevermind the stroller). It's too bad becasue I was really interested and waiting for it to come out. I finally gave up and bought the Zooper Zoopair from overstockbaby.com and am really happy with it.

Melanie
07-13-2005, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the info Mariza! All I keep getting from Compass are vague answers in the ball park of 3-4 weeks. I had no idea they'd actually hit the shelves. I am eagerly awaiting this stroller!

I emailed BRU/TRU and they were totally unhelpful telling me I would have to call individual stores. Can you believe that?!

SunGreen22
07-13-2005, 03:14 AM
I see you say you are really happy with it. I would love to hear more. :) I think I would like to order one, but I was not sure of it. Thank you.

Zannys Mommy
07-13-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks so much for all the info. I guess I should wait for it come at my local TRU. I hope it does soon as I think it would be a good buy.

Zannys Mommy
07-13-2005, 08:06 AM
Guess what...the Compass stroller you have mentioned is not the one i am looking for! The Premiere Carriage by One Step Ahead is ONLY sold at Onestepahead.com and the compass looks really different from this one :( Now I have one more confusion - i like the compass too!

mariza
07-13-2005, 05:19 PM
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=cm_reviews_dp_seemore/601-0361688-5872140?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=&frombrowse=1&alt%5Fview=custReviews&anchor=B00022P0QA25001090557397&asin=B00022P0QA

This is the one I saw on Target.com, they look the same to me. The Target one isn't shown with the parent console, but the description says it comes with it. Maybe call Compass and find out what the difference is between the 2? When you do a search for Compass on the one step ahead website it brings up the premeire carriage stroller. Sorry I can't be more help.

Zannys Mommy
07-14-2005, 08:49 AM
You are right! You were GREAT help!! Thanks sooooooo Much!

mariza
07-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Let me know how you like it if you decide to order. I don't *need* it, but for the Target price I think I could pull it off! Don't forget the Target 10% off code TCSAVESJULYS good until 7/16

Zannys Mommy
07-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Yeah I know 10% code - thanks again..I'll let you know if I order it (which Im pretty positive I would!) The only thing that is keeping me from ordering is the front wheel swivel (would have been better if it were a 4 wheel swivel) - but I guess I'll just have to ignore that.

Zannys Mommy
07-15-2005, 02:29 PM
I have FINALLY ordered this from target.com - will give you guys feedback once i get it!

seeks1
12-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Can you tell me how you like it? Or does someone have the one from One Step Ahead they can tell me about?

I am pretty sure I am getting one of the new Chicco's but I keep going back and looking at ones with a reversible handle.

Thanks

Zannys Mommy
12-12-2005, 12:02 PM
I got like 5-6 months ago I think. To be honest I dont like it much! The reversable handdle is a good thing to have but becasuse its not 4 wheel swivel its tough streering it around when the handle is reversed. Also it is a bulky stroller and takes up quiet a lot of space in the trunk. If you have an SUV then it wont be a prob but I have a car so... One more thing, when you fold it, the tray faces the ground and it becomes pretty scratchy only after a few days. In short I am not happy with it but it wasnt all that bad for $80 and we are still using it! (although I will get a new one soon!)

Melanie
12-12-2005, 12:14 PM
i bought the one from babycenter.com which is the 'deluxe' and has the four sets of wheels that can swivel. Aside from the comment about steering in the reverse being tough, since with this version it's not, I agree with everything else.

It's one of those strollers that had I been able to test drive in person I probably would not have purchased it. I just wanted a reversible handle so badly!! The basket is really poorly designed such that the only section you can reach easily is the tiny compartment (who ever thought compartmentalizing stroller baskets was helpful?!), not the really large remaining part.

The fixed wheels will buckle/pigeon-toe inward when you are moving it in reverse. After a lot of headache with Compass CS, BabyCenter CS and getting a completely new stroller, this is apparently a "normal" feature.

I do really love that I can reverse the handle, so I am using this, but when Dd is a bit older I will likely replace it with a different stroller.