PDA

View Full Version : Quinny jogger...or others under $150 or definitely under $200...help please!

golfgirl12_27
07-12-2005, 11:35 PM
I'm in the market for a jogger, but not a "true" jogger- I prefer the front wheel to swivel and be able to be locked. I'm not going to be running so it's not a big deal. I would like the wheels that air up and the seat to recline and be comfortable (not like the completely unpadded ones I've seen). Also, something available in colors other than black or navy is a plus. DD gets really hot in her other black stroller and I just don't like navy. Also, the money thing is pretty important since I already have a travel system, an umbrella stroller and will probably have another kid someday so I don't want to spend a TON of money on this stroller since I'll be getting a double stoller sometime.

Does anyone have the Quinny jogger or seen it IRL? Can you tell me about it please?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Suz
dd- Sophia 01.12.05

golfgirl12_27
07-13-2005, 12:10 AM
I checked out Quinny's website and I'm guessing it's between the Freestyle 3 and the Speedy (or something like that). Also- where can you purchase these- anything in the US?

milesmom
07-13-2005, 01:15 AM
I think I have seen them all (since I live in the Netherlands)... but don't think there is a "jogger" model, which model is it you are interested in?

kellyotn
07-13-2005, 08:30 AM
There are Quinny's at www.walmart.com. Freestyle 3 & 4. The 3 wheeler is fixed though.... (But its WAY cute.) The 4 "steers". I don't have one, but they are raved about. Very, very good quality for that price. Aluminum frame, NICE seats, etc. If I needed a single I'd snap one up!

There's the InStep/Schwinn Safari. They are available all over and are a good price. Front swivels. They are the same except for fabric. The Schwinn is dark green, the InStep is a medium blue. Both are at www.joggingstroller.com. They have a steel frame, so you'll need to be careful re: rust.

HTH a bit!

kelly

Edited for typo.

cgdmom
07-13-2005, 06:39 PM
I actually saw a Quinny jogger-style stroller out this past weekend. I was intrigued and had to ask what it was, because the handle folded down, and I had never noticed that feature on a stroller before. We were in a small-ish restaurant, and it was very neat the way the handle folded down, so the stroller did not take up a ton of room pushed up next to the table. I do not know exactly what model it was, but it was a three wheel quinny, and looked like the one on the Walmart website. The owner said she was very happy with it, and had ordered it off of ebay.

JodiM
07-13-2005, 09:36 PM
I haven't seen the Quinny Jogger- but I would recommend the Valco Everest - or even the Urban Advantage (The UA *should* be on sale mid July at most retailers)

Both are under 200, have the swivel or fixed wheel option, and are great products.

golfgirl12_27
07-15-2005, 12:41 AM
Since I will be using this stroller for walks (on pavement, sidewalks, and some trails), maybe some non-serious jogging, etc. but also for things like trips to the zoo and other all day sightseeing type things, how big of a deal is the front wheel having the option to swivel? I'll admit, I have no clue. I really want to do a better job purchasing this stroller than I did the other one. I have a Maclaren that will stay in the car for the mall/quick trips.

I am drawn to the Quinny at walmart.com because of its price and it's cute. But since it has a fixed wheel- will that drive me nuts since I'm not a hard core runner?

TIA for all advice!

aa2mama
07-15-2005, 12:51 PM
I admittedly don't have any experience with jogging strollers since I don't own one. However, I'm shopping for one and have been reading past threads. From what it sounds like, a fixed wheel drives a lot of people nuts unless they are doing serious jogging/running. If you could try just any fixed wheel jogger out in person, maybe it would give you a better idea of what you're getting into.

That said, it looks like the Quinny is neither a fixed nor a swivel. It has a tilt wheel system where the wheel sort of turns sideways instead of pivoting. I wish that there were more reviews for them. I have to admit that I'm intrigued by them on walmart.com, but I'm a little leery of buying one without testing it out. If you do buy it, I'd love to know what you think of it.