PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jogger City Series Single- AWESOME!

vicster
07-14-2005, 11:34 PM
We received our Baby Jogger City Series Single today. The red color is great and the stroller was very easy to put together (not even 5 minutes... it came fully assembled except for the wheels). 12" pneumatic thorn-resistant wheels and the front locks straight with the flip of a button. Much more padding than the MBUS, which we were originally considering and a nearly flat recline with two straps (23 degree recline according to the instructions). Height adjustable handle bar and best of all, a truly single hand folding mechanism (just lift up on a strap on the seat and the stroller folds up in half). So far we don't think that it locks in the folded position but there are some straps that we haven't investigated yet so those may allow the stroller to stay locked while folded. According to the specs it folds up 10" shorter than the MBUS and it will fit into our trunks very easily. It's also light, 21 lbs., compared with the MBUS's 22.6 lbs. I believe. If you were considering the MBUS, I highly recommend that you look into this stroller (it's also cheaper than the MBUS). We ordered this without having looked at it first and kind of went on faith but are so glad we did!

golfgirl12_27
07-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Great review!

Would you mind telling me how much it cost and where you got it? I'm looking for a jogger with a lockable front wheel. The adjustable handle sounds great! TIA!

vicster
07-15-2005, 12:04 AM
$349.95 from joggingstrollers4ess.com, free shipping and no tax to California. There's also supposed to be an infant car seat adapter coming out in the fall (September/October timeframe). We're expecting our little one in November but wanted to get the stroller early to get the dog used to walking with one. JoggingStrollers4Less had said that a carseat adapter wasn't going to be available but I confirmed directly wtih Baby Jogger that they are working on designing one. They have one that's available for their other joggers but apparently it doesn't work well with the Q Series Jogger and the new City Series since those two strollers have the quick-folding technology and thus the reason for the new design. Good luck.

Susann
07-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Do you have a picture of it? It would be nice to see how it looks in real life.
Is the seat bigger than on the MBUS?

thanks

Susann

JodiM
07-15-2005, 12:23 AM
That's great!

I love easy folding strollers.

vicster
07-15-2005, 12:28 AM
i'll try to post a picture over the weekend. not sure if the seat is bigger than on the mbus or not but it has a 75 lb. capacity as opposed to a 100 lb. capacity on the mbus (not sure what child would weigh 75 lbs. and still want to be in a stroller anyway, let alone 100 lbs.). the seat definitely has more padding than the MBUS, which was probably the biggest negative for us when we looked at the mbus. we'll probably still end up using a snuzzler with the baby jogger initially but the seat padding and support on the baby jogger is significantly more than on the MBUS. there's actually a metal frame that goes into the back of the seat to provide extra support, which can be removed when you remove the seat covering to be washed. the instructions say that all the material can be removed from the stroller for machine washing.